Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSFF is looking for its Blantyre office, Cervical Cancer Project.
Position: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT – 1 POSITION
Workplace : Blantyre
Type of contract : 6 months Fixed term contract with possible extension
Start date : ASAP
Main purpose of the position
Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Project HR Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement MSF HR management procedures and policies in order to ensure the highest control.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up to date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating Social security, Tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance
- Assist Project Fin/HR manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily workers, advances on salaries, payroll, per diems etc.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data (advances, absences, overtime, paid leaves, holidays etc.), in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll, and seek timely approval of Project Fin/HR manager.
- Prepare the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.).
- Support the Project Fin / HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Ensure confidentiality and classification of the personnel files by locking them at the end of each day.
- Under the supervision of Project Fin/HR manager, participate in the various steps of recruitment including preparing the job vacancy advert, facilitating the interview preparation and communicating with shortlisted candidates, background checkup letter, in addition, electronically encoding candidates list in the HR tool, proctoring tests and updating applicant database.
- Additional HR/ administrative tasks delegated by the Project Fin / HR Manager
Education: Desirable – HR, Finance, Business administration Diploma
Language: Local Language and able to speak English
Experience: Previous working experience of at least two years in relevant job
Knowledge: Computer Literacy (Excel, Word)
How to apply
Documents to provide:
- Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
Deadline for submission of application: 2nd April 2021
By Email: [email protected]
Subject Line: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
Médecins Sans Frontières – France
P.O. Box 2736,
WRITE « HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT» ON ENVELOPE
NOTE: Letters, CVs and any documentation included in application package will not be returned. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees. : if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration at 0994343467 or email [email protected] as soon as possible.