The Human Resources and Administration Manager at UNC Project is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operation of the Human Resources and Administrative Department, including human resources management, physical plant and assets management, transportation, security, and environmental health and safety. They support current and future needs of the Project through the hiring, development, motivation and retention of human resources. They provide instructional leadership to supervisors on human resource management practices. They develop and review administration and human resources policies and procedures.
They administer employee and labor relations, wages, salary and benefits, medical scheme, pension scheme, and workers’ compensation. They oversee the maintenance and insurance of all project vehicles, buildings and office equipment, and oversee Project events, travel, and logistics for international visitors and staff.
Position: Human Resources and Administrative Manager
Specific Duties will include the following among others:
- Develop, review, and continuously improve administrative and human resource policies and procedures for the Project,
- Ensure that the Project operates within all legal statutes and applicable legislation,
- Take responsibility for the effectiveness and efficiency of Project administrative services, including human resources management, physical plant and assets management, transportation, security, and environmental health and safety.
- Supervise a team of administrative staff, promoting culture of innovation, flexibility and quality service delivery within the department,
- Administer the human resources management function in accordance with objectives of the organization including :
- recruitment processes,
- education and training,
- performance management,
- retention and succession planning,
- employee and labor relations,
- workers’ compensation administration,
- wage and salary and benefits administration,
- medical scheme administration,
- pension scheme administration,
- Provide instructional leadership to managers, supervisors and team leaders, so that they are able to capably identify, evaluate, and resolve human relations and work performance management issues,
- Support current and future needs of the Project through the recruitment, development, motivation and retention of staff,
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that supports and develops high performance,
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs,
- Act as an advisor to senior management on human resources management and administrative services,
- Attend meetings to facilitate effective interpersonal communication among participants and rapid resolution of issues that may adversely affect employee morale and the Project’s productivity,
- Administer the maintenance and repair of building infrastructure and office equipment,
- Administer the insurance of Project resources,
- Oversee storage, inventory, and disposition of project assets,
- Oversee clearing of project shipments/consignments.
- Oversee maintenance of the Human Resources and Administrative Department’s databases and secure retention of electronic and paper records.
- Oversee planning and implementation of Project events,
- Oversee staff travel arrangements including transportation and accommodation,
- Oversee processing of visas and professional registrations for international visitors and staff,
- Perform any other duties assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources Management
- Master of Business/Public Administration
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in leading and managing people
Please send your applications to:
Postal Address :
The Country Director
Private Bag A-104
Tidziwe Research Centre, Kamuzu Central Hospital, Lilongwe.
Deadline for receiving applications: February 12, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.