The Central Medical Stores Trust (CMST) is responsible for procurement, warehousing, sales and distribution of quality medicines and medical supplies to all health facilities in Malawi. The CMST seeks to recruit a Human Resource Officer (HRO) at Grade MS6 tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe as follows:
Job Title : HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Grade : MS6
Responsible to : Human Resource and Administration Manager (MS3)
Responsible for : Coordination of all human resource services necessary for the smooth functioning of the Trust.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Human Resource Officer shall directly report and be accountable to the Human Resource and Administration Manager. He or she shall be responsible for the human resource function of the Trust. He or She shall ensure that all human resource matters are dealt with timely and effectively within the laid down procedures and processes of the Trust.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support line managers in identifying manpower needs and conducting of selection interviews and assessments.
- Maintain Compensation and Benefits Programs of the Trust and dealing with employees’ compensation and benefits queries.
- Support the formulation and implementation of Human Resource Management Strategy of the Trust.
- Playing a pivotal role in the human resource’s strategic role of the Trust, through managing change and staff capacity to embrace change.
- Administering benefit programs such as: Pension, Funeral Cover, Medical Insurance/Reimbursements.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective administration of the Leave Policy.
- Ensuring the Trust’s compliance to the Labour Law and regulation by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource policies and practices.
- Preparing the budget for human resource operations of the Trust.
- Responsible for Performance Appraisal Management.
- Ensuring personnel files are up to date with personal records.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual staff development plan.
- Effectively manage HRIS systems adopted by the organisation from time to time.
- Preparing employee separation notices and related documentation. Conducting stay/exit interviews to determine the possibility of retention and to understand reasons behind separations.
- A Bachelors Degree in Human Resource, Public Administration, Business Administration or closely related discipline obtained from a recognised and reputable learning institution.
- Be a registered and paid up member of a relevant People Management and Administration Professional body in Malawi or internationally.
Experience and Skills:
- Possess three (3) years practical and verifiable progressive experience in the human resource management field in a busy public or private environment.
- Proven and practical knowledge in Organisation Development.
- Proven and practical knowledge of Industrial Relations and working in a Trade Union environment.
- Proven and practical knowledge in using human resource information system software.
- Ability to undertake multiple and simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and probing Skills.
- Ability to manage conflicts and solve complex problems.
- Mature and ethical individual.
- Knowledge of Malawi and International Labour Laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Submission of Application:
Interested and qualifying individuals should submit applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with at least three names of traceable referees and copies of certificates. Applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked “HRO VACANCY” to be submitted not later than 16.00 HOURS on Friday, 14TH AUGUST, 2020 through email: [email protected] or to this address:
The Chief Executive Officer
Central Medical Stores Trust
Opposite Kamuzu Nursing College
Private Bag 55