Job Title : PHARMACIST
Grade : MS5
Responsible to : Pharmacy In-Charge
Responsible for : Coordinating pharmaceutical procurement, warehousing and distribution activities to ensure smooth operation of the Trust.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Under the responsibility of the Pharmacist In-Charge, he or she shall ensure the management and supervision of pharmaceutical operations in the specific area in which he or she shall be assigned, including, but not limited to, procurement, warehousing, quality assurance, pharmaceutical information and distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising and monitoring warehouse activities and processes to ensure efficient inventory management, order fulfilment and shipment.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of warehouse operations including receiving, storage, registration and proper recording/documentation in real time and distribution under optimal conditions according to World Health Organization (WHO) Good Warehousing and Distribution Practices.
- Supervising the encoding and updating of all stock movements (receipts, returns, adjustments, issues) in the Management Information system.
- Ensure accurate, timely, and efficient shipment of all RMS allocations and specific orders requested by Ministry of Health.
- Checking and approving all receipts and issue of goods generated and file printed documents from the Management Information System.
- Liaising with the Finance Directorate /Head Office according to the Client Invoicing SOP.
- Ensuring accurate, timely, and efficient shipment of all routine and emergency orders requested by customers.
- Organising the picking, packing and dispatch operations according to the agreed distribution schedule.
- Coordinating shipments with the subcontracted transport agent in the distribution management and evaluate their impact on service delivery and operating costs.
- Conducting regular stock taking, physical inventories and report stock discrepancies to management.
- Advising management on stock status.
- Managing the optimization and maintenance of warehouse equipment. 13.Developing, maintaining, and implementing effective and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all activities in the warehouse.
- Training newly appointed staff under his/her supervision on current valid SOPs related to their job within a given training program period.
- Ensuring that materials handling processes are safe and efficient.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and registered with the Pharmacy and Medicines Regulatory Authority (PMRA).
Experience and Skills
- At least three years of experience working in warehouse management, of which at least one year must have been spent in a progressive and responsible position preferably with health systems and logistics management at the national and local (district/community/service delivery) level.
- Ability to handle several tasks at the same time, set priorities and work independently.
- Exceptional client management skills, excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills and high ethical standards, training experience.
- Demonstrable computer literacy and or skills in Microsoft Office suite applications including, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- In depth knowledge of warehouse management software.
- Ability to work in a team environment, demonstrating leadership.
- Ability to facilitate a collaborative approach to enhance supply chain management system, including the promotion of a sustainable commodity security strategy and.
- Understanding of International Standards and Quality Management Systems.
Submission of Application:
Interested and qualifying individuals should submit applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), with at least three names of traceable referees and copies of certificates. Applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked position being applied for to be submitted not later than 16.00 HOURS on Monday, 30TH NOVEMBER, 2020 through email:
Email: [email protected]
or to this address:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Central Medical Stores Trust,
Private Bag 55,
Physical Address: Mzimba Street, Opposite Kamuzu Nursing College, Lilongwe. CMST is an equal opportunity employer.