Chikho Hotels Limited is a Malawian owned Hotels chain and is looking to hire highly competent and motivated Malawians and other nationalities who would like to work in a very competitive and rewarding environment. Recently CHikho Hotels has finished construction of an International Hotel at Mponela in Dowa District. The Hotel has 100 rooms, a modern restaurant, 10 Conference rooms and other amenities.
Chikho Hotels is now hiringa formidable team that will take the newly constructed Chikho Hotel to greater heights.
Position: Hotel Manager
Posting at Chikho Hotel, Mponela
The Hotel manager will report to the Managing Director
It is important for the hotel manager to be involved in all aspects of the hotel operations. You will be just as responsible for dealing with complaints as for strategising and preparing reports. You will be a key person of reference for employees and clients as well as external vendors.The hotel manager must be able to guide the employees to work as a well-functioning team.
Therefore, the ideal candidate will be a team player and an effective leader, able to set
examples, foster a climate of cooperation and excellence in customer satisfaction.The goal is to
enhance customer dedication and expand our clientele by strengthening our hotel’s reputation.
- Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyse and interpret financial information and monisales and profits
- Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Demonstrable understanding of Malawi’s and global hospitality industry and networks
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration/ an MBA, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
How to apply
Applications stating expected net salary and CV including contacts for three professional
referees should be emailed to:
Applicants must indicate the position they are applying for and their name in the subject line. All
attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, 15th February 2021, 5:00PM.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Chikho Hotels Limited is an equal opportunities employer.