Pyxus Agriculture Limited is a subsidiary of a trusted provider of responsibly sourced, independently verified, sustainable and traceable agricultural products and ingredients, operating in Malawi servicing the needs of its shareholders and their customers. A career opportunity has arisen in our organisation for the position of Groundnuts Project Coordinator.
Position: Groundnuts Project Coordinator
The Groundnuts Project Coordinator will be involved in coordination and supervision of the implementation and monitoring of projects as well as Research and Development Initiatives of Pyxus Agriculture Malawi. He/she will also be involved in the planning and conducing of production and marketing research as required by the groundnuts business Strategic plan
Key responsibilities include:
- Plans, implements and evaluates projects to ensure that goals are achieved.
- Spearheads the establishment of cooperatives and ensures that set procedures for Out-grower Cooperative establishment are followed.
- Carries out pilot phases for projects
- Monitors effective utilization of resources through project work plans.
- Mobilizes communities and other relevant stakeholders for implementation of project activities
- Coordinates and manages aflatoxin management initiatives and activities.
- Works with Crop Pillar Coordinator to design and set up required trials and internal seed development
- Facilitates and Coordinates Groundnut Supply Agreements between cooperatives and Pyxus
- Supports in the development of Groundnuts best practices.
- Supports in the management and coordination of groundnuts production. Supports in the management of management accounts under project initiatives.
- Prepares and submits project monthly and other periodical reports.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bsc in Agribusiness or any relevant discipline
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position
- Good knowledge of the Agricultural Sector and stakeholder land scape
- Sound knowledge of Project Planning, Stakeholder engagement and Monitoring and Evaluation tools
- Good computer skills and comfortable with SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer packages.
- Sound knowledge of Groundnuts Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Emerging Technologies
- A dynamic self-starter with excellent problem solving, analytical and reporting skills and with high regard for personal integrity and trustworthiness.
How to apply
Send your application clearly marked GROUNDNUTS PROJECT COORDINATOR to the address below, no later than 3rd September, 2020.
The Human Resources Manager
Pyxus Agriculture Limited
P.O. Box 40048,
Email: [email protected]
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.