Greenbelt Authority Malawi (GBA), is a Parastatal organisation established under the Greenbelt Authority Act No. 23 of 2017. GBA’s main objective is to champion the development of large scale irrigation, with the aim of accelerating socio-economic transformation through increased agricultural productivity, agro-processing and easy access to markets.
GBA has the following vacancy and invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position. The posts are tenable at GBA’s Head Office situated at Mwai House, City Centre, Lilongwe.
Position: PLANNING AND RESOURCE MOBILIZATION MANAGER
To have the overall responsibility for coordination of all planning, monitoring and evaluation activities at the Greenbelt Authority (GBA}, ensuring that there Is a reliable and up-to-date database of information for all programs/projects work and assuming responsibility for the timely and accurate production of all projects/programs reports.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
- Developing and implementing evaluation plans for all projects/programs for the Authority, while ensuring that all monitoring and evaluation plans align with the Authority’s overall goals and targets;
- Developing and coordinating overall framework and calendar § (including guidelines and procedures) for the Authority’s projects and programs’ monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Managing evaluation processes, including liaising with external stakeholders and service providers, creating terms of reference and evaluation guidelines, and ensuring that all projects/programs’ information is stored for future use;
- Writing project proposals and managing fund raising for the projects.
- Working with the Technical team and assisting to prepare and Implement project-specific targets and plans for data collection and monitoring;
- Developing and Implementing data collection techniques and tools, Including working with external service providers to develop other
- Training the Technical team to deploy data collection tools and techniques, supporting them to analyze data to track project/programs’ progress against agreed targets.
- Keeping up-to-date records on developments In monitoring systems, including the use of mobile tools for data collection.
- Monitoring projects/programs’ progress ensuring that implementation is in tandem with the specific operational plans, and reporting regularly on all activities.
- Preparing and sharing reports based on data from monitoring and evaluation processes. Discussing emerging issues from projects/programs’ progress and evaluation reports, and coordinating the development and follow up of action plans.
- Designing and implementing a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned from program and project activities.
- Sharing evaluation results with all teams and ensuring that lessons from evaluations are incorporated into the development of all new projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree In Social Science or Agricultural Economics preferably in policy development, research, evaluation or Project Management
- Plus a minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience in project proposal writing and resources mobilisation and other related experience
GBA is an equal opportunity employer and interested
How to apply
Candidates should submit their applications with detailed CV’s and relevant certificates, Including names and contacts of three traceable referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
First Floor, Mwai House, City Centre
P. O. Box 30776,
or email to:
Email: [email protected]
not later than Friday, 29th May, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.