Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Feed the Future Malawi Ag Diversification Activity (AgDiv) is a five-year project that contributes to USAID/ Malawi’s Feed the Future goal of sustainably reducing poverty and stunting in eight districts of central and southern Malawi (Mchinji, Dedza, Ntcheu, Balaka, Machinga, Mangochi, Lilongwe rural and Blantyre rural). The activity fosters inclusive and sustainable growth of Malawi’s agricultural sector, strengthens resilience, and improves the nutritional status of women and children under five. The program is financed by the American people through USAID Malawi through September 2021.
Objective of the Assignment:
AgDiv is recruiting a Graphic Design Consultant to develop a visual system for communicating project activities and impacts, consistent with the Feed the Future branding manual. The consultant will be responsible for building templates for routine reporting, creating infographics to communicate project progress and impact, and will contribute to regular reports, factsheets and social media. The successful candidate can work remotely or be based in the Activity’s Lilongwe office and will report directly to the Strategic Communications Advisor. The contract is expected to have a ceiling of approximately 150 days over a 1-year period, with a possible one-year extension based on performance and availability of funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Turn complex narratives into dynamic infographics, visualizations and motion graphics
• Develop iconography for project components
• Design develop content for a quarterly newsletter
• Create project factsheets
• Contribute to print, radio and television promotional material
• Assist with additional assignments in accordance with the needs of the project.
• Degree in graphic design
• Experience developing visual content for USAID-funded projects or activities
• Experience in brand development and content development for brand promotion including icons and templates
• Expertise in data visualization – including development of descriptive graphics, charts and timelines,
• Ability to develop motion graphics
• Ability to use automatization for data-merging large sets of information
• Demonstrated skills in writing and copy-editing (experience with USAID reporting a plus)
Desired Skills, Competences and Knowledge:
• Ability to work independently with strict deadlines
• Oral and written fluency in English is required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Audition and After Effects)
• Proficiency in remote management tools such as Trello, Microsoft Azure, etc.
• Knowledge of Front-end prototyping and development tools for developing web and e-mail content
• Good attention to detail and strong time management skills.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and interviews may include both oral and written exercise in line with the overall scope of work for the position.
Interested applicants must submit a link to an online portfolio of previous work, a Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees, and copies of certificates.
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email