Chombe Foods Limited is under-going rebranding, restructuring and reorganization of its operations which has necessitated in the invitation of applications from suitably qualified, skilled and experienced candidates to fill the following vacant position:
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
This position is tenable at its Head Office in Blantyre and directly reports to the Group Managing Director.
The successful candidate should demonstrate sound business acumen in areas of production, marketing and distribution of fast consumer goods and plan and give direction to the Executive Management on the daily, weekly, monthly and annual operations of the Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide management and leadership to the company staff at all levels
- Development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of company strategies, both short and long term
- Advising Executive Management on the feasibility of wide range of new investment opportunities and submit proposals relating to the same for approval
- Help monitor business trends on the market, effectively manage the existing market and develop new markets for the company
- Manage various relationships within the company, head office staff and stakeholders
- Provide efficient and effective management of the company resources and assets
- Prepare and monitor budgets for the company and control spending in line with defined budget parameters
- Provide Management Accounts and Management Reports to the Executive Management Staff at MBL Holdings Limited on monthly basis as per submission date
- Overseeing and ensuring quality standards of the company’s products at all times and put in place key performance areas and there indicators
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all staff in the company as per agreed key performance areas
- Help with the review and re-aligning of the organizational structure for efficient and effectiveness
- Directing work to subordinates such as Production, Administration including Accounting staff
- Ensure that the Company is running properly with all administrative, technical and Industrial Relations experience
- Any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD:
- Have a Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Sciences, Marketing, Agribusiness or chemistry with at least 5 years of practical and hands-on experience in related industry and at Senior Management level.
- Have good working knowledge of food processing, marketing of fast consumer goods and distribution.
- Have demonstrated ability to understand preparation and management of budgets, financial and management accounts.
- Be mature, visionary leader, self starter, committed to work, well motivated individual and willing to work odd and long hours.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, bearing names of three traceable referees, one of whom should be the most recent employer, should be delivered by hand at Chombe Foods Office after Kristwick as you come from Blantyre near Dulux Paints next to ETG Tambala Food Products Or send the following by 12th September, 2020.
Email: [email protected] cc [email protected]