Malawi Red Cross Society (MRCS) is a countrywide humanitarian volunteer organization and a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies movement. In Malawi, it was established in 1932 by an Act of Parliament and works auxiliary to the Government and embodies the principles of the movement. It focuses on providing Humanitarian Services to the needy and vulnerable populations. MRCS has more than 260 staff members and a network of local volunteers in 33 Divisions in all the 3 regions of Malawi. Its Headquarters is in Area 14, in Lilongwe.
MRCS is now inviting applications of qualified candidates for the following position:
Position: GENDER, PROTECTION & ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICER
The Gender, Protection and Accountability Officer will assist and support implementation of gender and protection mainstreaming strategies during all stages of programming to ensure that gender and protection considerations are effectively addressed during planning, targeting, distributions, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and provide staff trainings and other capacity building activities on gender, protection and inclusion.
- Provide guidance in ensuring that all community structures associated with the Project supported food assistance are sensitized on gender and protection issues, protection from sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Provide advice to management on implementation of measures for protection of sexual exploitation and abuse during the humanitarian response.
- Support in setting up robust community based complaints and feedback mechanisms for the Project Response to ensure accountability to affected communities.
- Acting as a focal point on gender and protection. Attending and participating in the activities of the protection cluster at district and where possible at national level.
- Conducting regular monitoring visits to project sites to observe gender and protection issues and advise management on actions that need to be taken.
- Documenting and sharing best practices on mainstreaming gender and protection in the emergency response.
- Compiling and sharing regular reports on protection (monthly, quarterly and adhoc).
Education and Relevant Experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or related field from a recognized University; with minimum of three years of relevant experience at district level on implementation of protection related interventions in humanitarian response.
- Practical experience in mainstreaming protect during all stages of programming in both humanitarian responses and resilience building programmes
- Well conversant with humanitarian protection policies and systems and enhancing accountability to affected populations.
How to apply
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and names of three traceable referees, mobile numbers and e-mail address to:-
The Secretary General
Malawi Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 30096
Email: Gender, Protection & Accountability Officer- in Subject Line
Email: [email protected]
Not later than Friday, 20th November , 2020, and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.