|JOB TITLE: FINANCE OFFICER|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: FINANCE||LOCATION: ZOMBA FIELD OFFICE|
|GRADE: 4||Type of Contract:|
Fixed Term (double click over the relevant box and select ‘checked’ to insert a cross)
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)|
Level 1 – No CRB check is required as you will not have contact with children or young people or access to data
The role is responsible for providing a professional, value added support service to the Finance Coordinator by:
- assisting with the production of Field Office monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- ensuring that all Field Office journal vouchers are posted on a timely basis
- assisting Budget Holders based in Field Offices with understanding of finance matters
- reconciliation of control and balance sheet accounts for the Field Office
- supervise, train and review work done by subordinates
- review Field Office finance procedures ensuring that they are sound and operate effectively
|SCOPE OF ROLE:|
Reports to: Area Operations Manager technically to the Senior Finance Manager
Staff reporting to this post: One (1)
Budget Responsibilities: Non
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :|
Treasury & Controls
- Manage day to day activities of the Filed Office finance unit and ensure sound financial management including compliance to Save the Children/donor policies, procedures and guidelines, local laws and regulations and ensure that sufficient internal controls take place.
- Assist in consolidating Field Office monthly Cash Fund Request and coordinate with the Country Office
- Ensure that the Field Office is adequately funded by keeping track of cash in balance on weekly basis and ensure neither having excess balance in our bank at the end of the month nor having shortage of funds
- Prepare time part of effort reporting and produce a time sheet summary and submit the monthly report.
- Ensure all taxes are paid on time to local authorities and issue certificates accordingly
Accounting & Reporting
- Ensure payments are being made as per set finance cycle and all transactions are posted on weekly basis
- Review balance sheet accounts for the Field Office and ensure they are cleared and reconciled periodically and on timely basis.
- Responsible for matching balance sheet accounts in Agresso and make analysis of unmatched transactions to follow up
- Review bank reconciliation statements on monthly basis in Agresso and ensure all outstanding cheques and deposits are cleared on timely basis
- Prepare monthly advance aged analysis and follow up with outstanding advances of more than a month
- Review monthly advance tracker and ensure that policies & procedures are adhered to all the time.
- Prepare Field Office financial reports i.e. monthly, quarterly and end of fiscal year supporting schedules and submit by the required dates and periods.
- Provide support during audits ie timely provision of requested information to avoid audit delays
- Review all financial transactions and supporting documents of payments, ensure that all supporting documents are attached including proper coding and classification and approve the transactions
- Ensure all vouchers and other financial documents are filled sequentially and archived properly
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Building a high performing budgeting and reporting team to support good practice and high quality delivery across the Country Office by mentoring coaching and delegating
- Lead in capacity building both within the finance team and for other relevant staff members including budget holders
- Ensure all team members have their set objectives and performance reviews on time
- Conduct monitoring visits for sub office to check documentation, monitoring controls and capacity building of staffs
- Provide training, coaching and development of financial skills for non-accounting staff.
- Provide surge financial management support during emergencies
- Undertake any other duty as reasonably requested by the Senior Finance Manager
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)|
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor of Accountancy degree
- Qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
- Those studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualification with relevant experience will be considered
|EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS|
- Five years’ experience in finance preferably with INGO
- Strong moral & ethical stand
- Self-starter who can work with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral & written communication skills
- High level of honesty & integrity
|Additional job responsibilities|
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
|Health and Safety|
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.