Provide regular flow of information to Finance Manager in country to evaluate the financial performance of the affiliates.
Liaise with external counter-parties to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the overall activities of the Finance & Accounting functions in the affiliate at an overall and Line of Business level.
- Review the transactional accounting activities performed by the shared services team and approve all entries
- Monitor and manage Capital expenditure within the approved budgets – reports anomalies and ensure projects are capitalized on time
- Report on Operating expenses as compared to budget and forecast
- Provide timely reporting and ensure that it represents a true and fair statement of the operating activities
- Ensure the bi-weekly Flash is reported on time and tracks the actual results ultimately reported
- Ensure the month end reports are submitted within Group reporting timelines
- Ensure the monthly business review pack is prepared accurately and completely
- Comply with all Group, Statutory and Regulatory requirements of the company, such as Financial Statements and Department of Energy Reports.
- Liaise with tax team to ensure Tax reporting is correct.
- Ensure that all requirements are submitted accurately and on time.
- Prepare the annual budget with the accounting and controlling teams.
- Ensure the budget is robust, accurate and complete and prepared in time for deadlines.
- Prepare the quarterly forecasts (PnL and Balance Sheet forecasts) are prepared accurately and completely
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal –Malawi GM, Malawi leadership team, Puma Regional Finance, IT and Supply. Puma Global Reporting, Credit, Treasury; Business Line Managers.
- External – External auditors, Local banks, Government