Job opportunities have arisen and MM (Operations) Limited seeks to appoint self-motivated and driven individuals to become part of its dynamic team.
JOB Position: COMMERCIAL AND LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Employer: Malawi Mangoes
Deadline: 24 April 2020
- Job purpose summary
The Procurement and Logistics Co-ordinator is responsible for planning, managing and co-ordinating all procurement activities on behalf of MMOL including the acquisition of goods and services, liaising with external suppliers, co-ordinating import and export logistics, account management of transporters and supply chain partners.
- Working closely with the General Manager and Head of Finance the roles will include:
- Planning and prioritising purchasing activities, reviewing planned orders, creating requisitions for items to be purchased, and managing the approval process.
Reviewing, updating, and maintaining purchase orders until they are closed. Liaising with internal teams (General Manager, Head of Agriculture, Head of Finance and Head of Operations Manager) define and implement procurement requirements.
- Co-ordinating supplier relationships and ensuring the timely delivery of all MMOL imports. Co-ordinating exports including inputs from internal teams (e.g. packing lists), third party logistics partners, packaging suppliers and the MMOL supply chain to ensure the timely.
- Dispatch of products from the Company and safe arrival at end destinations
- Develop and sustain external supplier and contractor relationships on behalf of MMOL Paperwork and documentation to support clearing of all imports and exports.
- Cost and performance analysis of third party contracts, tenders and procurements.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the, MMOL procurement system, and making sure that the procurement system covers national and international legislation, client requirements and industry guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post graduate with not less than five years’ experience in a production focused environment with stringent quality requirements.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in procurement, supply chain management and/ or logistics, including working with international road, sea and air freight transporters.
- Excellent English and numerical skills, strategic planning, resource mobilisation, working in teams and ability to integrate with other departments and manage internal and external stakeholders.
To apply, please send a CV and should include a brief statement explaining why you are interested in the job in the cover letter to [email protected], copy [email protected] or by post to The Human Resources Officer, P.O. Box 499, Salima.
Only applicants who submit their CV and cover letter as well as names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three traceable referees and a copy of National Identity card will be considered.
The closing deadline for applications is Friday, 24th April, 2020.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. The values expected of all MM (Operations) Limited employees responsibility are integrity, hope, endeavor, empowerment.
MM (Operations) Limited is an equal opportunity employer.