Network for Youth Development (NfYD) was established in October, 2009 and is duly registered as a local NGO under the Trustees Incorporation, Council for Non Governmental Organisations (CONGOMA) and NGO Board in Malawi.
NfYD is committed to empowering youth and children to act around youth issues that affect their lives and play an active role in the development process. The organization also gives a forum to young women and young men from different backgrounds to share ideas, exchange experiences and learn from each other in the struggle for a better life.
NfYD empower youths in Malawi by offering access to relevant skills and knowledge that help them make more informed decisions that create better futures for them and their families.
In partnership with other like minded organisations, NfYD will implement a five year (2020-2024) integrated programme to end child early and forced marriage. The programme will contribute to promoting equality for girls by addressing root causes of child marriage and teen pregnancy in Lilongwe, Mulanje and Phalombe districts.
NfYD seeks experienced persons with solid knowledge and skills to fill the following positions:- Project Officers
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Based at NfYD Head Office in Lilongwe
Purpose of the position
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for day-to-day management of administrative work in the department. The officer provides technical input in all matters related to administrative and financial management. The major areas of management are: Financial management and reporting, auditing and liquidation of funds, asset management & stock control, and employee management.
- Facilitates staff recruitment and staffing logistics
- Processes travel documents for organisational officers and visitors, field work for staff and allocate vehicles and arrange fuel, perdiem etc.
- Facilitate compliance checks guided by donor requirements;
- Develops and regularly up-dates human resource plans;
- Maintain and update staff data base
- Develops, documents, & communicates relevant human resource & administration policies;
- Administers staff compensation and benefits;
- Develops & implements employee safety, welfare, wellness and health procedures and practices;
- Serves as secretary to the Appointments and Disciplinary committee of the organisation;
- Processes contracts and work permits for members of staff, interns and volunteers;
- Manages transport of the organization, logbooks, fuel management, renewal of licences etc
- Ensure staff performance appraisal is conducted for all staff;
- Prepares and submits monthly, quarterly and annual Admin reports
- Facilitates implementation of the strategic plan
- Develops and submits annual programme work plans and budgets
- Represents the section on Admin issues relevant to the functions/performance of Organisation
- Procures goods, services, equipment and assets of the organisation
- Assists with the interpretation, communication, and implementation of organizational policies
- Represents the organisation on technical/directorate matters as may be delegated from time to time.
- Managing timely submission of timesheets
- Checks financial transactions and documents
- Prepares creditors lists and reconciles balances to suppliers’ invoices and payments
- Ensures that bank reconciliations are done timely
- Assists in preparation of financial reports and audit schedules
- Provides income and expenditures reports monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Provides and receives financial information from programme managers and District officers
- Assists in the development of financial proposals and other fund-raising activities
- Prepares annual work plans and budgets for the section
- Obtains supplier quotations, raises purchase orders, and prepares payments
- Assists in the procurement of equipment and/or assets in the organisation
- Check and approve liquidations from members of staff.
Qualification, skills and experience
- Diploma, Degree in Business Administration, Professional Accounting such as ACCA/CIMA, or relevant degree in administration, financial accounting, financial management.
- Not less than 3 years hands on experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good skills in computing and knowledge of a computer accounting package
Application letter including CV indicating the position you are applying for, and for those applying for the position of Project Officer must indicate the preferred district should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
Network for Youth Development (NfYD),
P.O Box 1154,
Email: [email protected]Applications should be submitted by close of business on Friday, 5th June 2020.
Note: both men and women are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified