In order to fulfil its mandate effectively and efficiently with strategic leadership and management, an excellent and rare opportunity has arisen to engage a qualified person of Malawian origin to ill an Executive Management position of DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT tenable at its Head Office in Lumbadzi, Lilongwe.
ACM therefore invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the position on a three (3) year employment contract.
This is a highly demanding position that requires a person who has demonstrable capacity to initiate marketing, business development and managerial innovations geared at making ACM a vibrant and competitive Company. Those who responded to the previous advertisement and are still interested in the job are encouraged to reapply.
B. SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The Director of Marketing and Business Development holds ultimate responsibility for Air Cargo Malawi Limited’s market activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business.
C. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Postgraduate qualification in Marketing / Management from a recognized University with 5 years’ hands on experience at Marketing Management level: Or
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University with 10 years hands on experience in Marketing, 5 of which should be at management level.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
Good leadership skills.
- Team player.
- Creative mind and above average public speaking and presentation.
D. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates market research and audits to enable the Company make informed decisions.
- Comes up with strategies for growing the customer and revenue base cf the Company.
- Pursues business opportunities and compiles proposals for commercially viable new business lines.
- Designs and executes marketing initiatives and sales promotions in order to achieve set targets.
- Undertake commercial negotiations.
- Enhances customer relationships and retention.
- Leads and coaches the marketing team members to accomplish functional goals and to ensure an aggressive and consistent approach for retention of customers and generating new business.
- Maintains and improves the Company’s image.
- Prepares and administers annual marketing plans and budgets.
- Attends to matters of public relations nature in liaison with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
E. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
ACM shall offer an attractive employee benefits package to successful candidate in accordance with its emolument structure (commensurate with qualifications and experience) which includes salary, medical insurance, and membership to Contributory Medical Scheme.
F. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should submit they application with current resume including three traceable referees addressed to:
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations,
P.O. BOX 30061,
Deadline for receiving applications is 17:00hrs on Friday, 15th May, 2020. No phone enquiries will be accepted and only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.