Position: Finance and Operations Manager
Posting at Chikho Hotel, Mponela
The Finance and Operations Manager will report to the Managing Director
Chikho Hotels Limited is looking for a Finance and Operations manager who will oversee the entire operations of the hotel establishment. Operations include human resources, housekeeping, security, food service, sales and finances. It is the hotel finance and operations
manager’s job to deal effectively with customers, bosses and staff workers while keeping the hotel running smoothly.
The Financial and Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the accounting department, such as preparation and management of the hotel and restaurant financial budgets, payroll, implementing and overseeing all activities relating to the financial aspects of the hotel/restaurant in compliance with local, state and national tax laws and the hotel’s SOPs.
Additionally, responsible for the financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control, as well as ensuring the safekeeping and updating of all legal documentation relating to the financial status of the hotel.
The Finance and Operations will also handle human resource and administration issues at Chikho Hotel.
To be successful at this role, the prospective must have an understanding of taxation, risk management, employment and labour issues as well as budgeting and financial reporting. This is a hands-on position requiring flexibility and an ability to handle multiple tasks
- Responsible for the property’s overall accounting and financial management Responsible to support and liaise with the General Manager, and Managing Director in meeting the
- strategic goals of the organisation.
- Approve third party payments through accurate reconciliation of financial records.
- Monitor and manage credit card payments and invoice payments.
- Ensure compliance to organisational policies and national statutes
- Act as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries and questions related to financial operations and human resource issues.
- Design hiring plans for all hotel departments based on seasonal needs as well as initiate the
- performance development training programs.
- Manage account payables and receivables activities.
- Conduct finance audit periodically and recommend improvements. Develop financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain financial statements for future reference.
- Assist Senior Managers in financial management and reporting activities.
- Responsible for the local tax authority compliance for the hotel.
- Ensure that financial operational activities are executed and delivered as per the standards set by the company.
- Develop operational initiatives to achieve financial goals.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- High levels of integrity and professionalism
- Work experience in managing finance, human resource and administration issues
- Should have a high command of Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting systems like ADP, Sun, SAP, Sage, Freshbooks etc.
- Knowledge of Hotel Software or Property Management Systems
- Excellent communication, strategic thinking and negotiation skills.
- Must be personable and well able to deal with guests and staff.
- Must possess excellent financial knowledge, analytical skills and be very well organised.
- A degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and relevant experience
How to apply
Applications stating expected net salary and CV including contacts for three professional referees should be emailed to: Email: [email protected]
Applicants must indicate the position they are applying for and their name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, 15th February 2021, 5:00PM.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Chikho Hotels Limited is an equal opportunities employer.