AFAP is a non-profit corporation that focuses on fostering private sector investments and development partnerships to build sustainable markets capable of providing African smallholder farmers with affordable fertilizer to improve crop production and food security.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Finance and Administration Officer at AFAP Malawi in Lilongwe.
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
The Finance and Administration Officer’s primary role is to manage, track and report or financial Management under AFAP Malawi programs. The finance and Administration Officer will ensure that all financial transactions and reporting are in compliance with AFAP and respective donor policies and processes and in compliance with local law. S/he will also be responsible for tasks related to office administration, human resources, logistics, and procurement as deemed necessary to program implementation, roll-out, and support.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s level degree required in Finance, Business Administration. Accounting qualification would be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in a similar role in the development sector
- Accounting proficiency and experience in financial management systems, (i.c. QuickBooks)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Demonstrated skill in managing project finance, budgeting and reporting
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task to meet deadlines:
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability, problem solving, conflict and ethical management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage and track all financial and accounting aspects of AFAP Malawi operations including statutory management and submissions;
- Prepare and process all accounting transactions such as disbursement, cash receipts, taxation, journal entries and advances which are in accordance with donor and AFAP finance and accounting policies and procedures;
- Reconcile and prepare financial budgets and reports in accordance with AFAP and donor regulations and support financial audits;
- Maintain bank, travel and all cash advance records and program burn-rate tracking;
- Support relevant sub grantees in the implementation of their activities in accordance with AFAP rules and standards to ensure financial compliance.
- • Provide administrative, logistical, and procurement support to AFAP Malawi operations;
• Carry out human resources functions such as employment, employee relations, records keeping, and communications in liaison with supervisor and HQ;
• Manage and ensure maintenance of the office and custodian of office assets;
• Other duties as delegated by the Supervisor.
How to apply
Interested qualified applicants are requested to submit their application letter together with a cover letter and three traceable referees to:
The Country Director,
The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership,
E-mail: [email protected]
Email applications shall be submitted by Saturday, April 10th, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews