Good Neighbors International-Malawi (GNI) is an international humanitarian and development organization in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) with its headquarters in Seoul, Republic of Korea. Good Neighbors Malawi currently implements various community development projects within the following sectors, Health, Education, Water and Sanitation, Agriculture and Social Welfare advocacy for children’s rights, and other livelihood projects.
Position: Finance and Administration Manager
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for maintaining records for all transactions, preparing financial accounting systems reports, supervises the handling of all financial documents, payroll, budget, financial plan and ensures that all the financial documents are up to date according to GNM procedures and regulations.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing project budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Manage the accounting, finance and administration components of the program
- Manage the financial porting and accounting systems of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a proper accounting system which meets the financial information of the organization.
- Prepare statutory and donor financial reports.
- Approve and process correct financial transactions.
- Excellent ability of accounting systems, MRA tax system, banking policies and procedures and insurance matters
- Experience in monitoring yearly budgets and systems development.
- Maintain internal controls over the offices financial transactions and operations
- Review the effectiveness of the internal control systems and monitor compliance.
- Ensure accurate accounting records are set up and maintained
- Experience of financial management.
- Managing the administration and Human Resource of the organization.
- Coordinate operations and manage all administrative issues
- Handling /coordinating Insurance Issues of the organization.
- Ensuring that all procurement/ logistics processes are followed.
- Proven work experience as a Finance and Administration or similar role
- Hands-on experience with accounting software, especially QuickBooks
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions)
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Time-management and organization skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or ACCA/ BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with not less than 5 years’ experience working with donor funded organization in a busy accounting office dealing with multiple donor projects.
How to apply
Interested persons with suitable qualifications should submit their applications through EMAIL ADDRESS ONLY together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and names of three traceable referees:
Email to [email protected]
NOTE: Closing date or receiving application is 20th September, 2020.