African Parks – Nkhotakota is looking for an experienced Field Operations Manager to effectively manage all field Operations of Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve on a fixed term contract of 3 years.
Position: Field Operations Manager
Reporting to the Park Manager, the primary purpose of the role will be:
- Logistics management, workshop management, camp management, construction, maintenance and repair of project equipment and infrastructure, mechanical
- When applicable – care of aircraft, aircraft hangar, airfield and associated equipment
Conservation and Other Field Operations:
- Provide field support to research partners, filming companies, and others. Be responsible for translocation operations, animal monitoring and tracking activities, use of the plane for both conservation and law enforcement activities, and other field related operations;
- In conjunction with Head of law enforcement, the FOM will coordinate the law enforcement and intelligence activities in and around Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve
- Carry out any other relevant tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Park Manager
- The FOM will stand in as Park Manager when the Park Manager is on leave or away from the project
Academic Requirements, Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary education in a field relevant to park administration, biodiversity management, conservation and wildlife
- Demonstrable experience in the following park management disciplines: technical (construction, mechanics, fence building & maintenance, water systems, solar, workshop management), conservation (game relocations, veterinary, conservation knowledge or training), law enforcement (field experience, field management, law enforcement techniques, law enforcement technologies)
- Demonstrable leadership and people management skills
- Good communication skills both upstream and down stream
- Experience of working in rural, remote and multi – cultural environment.
How to apply
Applicants should apply by email with a cover letter and CV to:
Email: [email protected]africanparks.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th April, 2021. Candidates not contacted within two (2) weeks, after the closing date, should consider their application not successful.