GardaWorld seeks to engage the services of a Field Officer for its Mobile Response Team (MRT) to be based at the Regional Office in Lilongwe.
Position: Field Officer (Mobile Response Team)
The successful candidate shall report to the Operations Manager, Response.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for undertaking the day to day supervision of Mobile Response Team by ensuring that the MRT Crews report on duty as required, are performing while on their assigned duties as outlined in the SOPs and are with the required equipment. The position is also tasked with the client liaison, ensures that operational staff have a good rapport with the client and a controlled relationship with the general public around the post.
- Supervise and control staff assignment; ensure cost effective scheduling working in conjunction with the Staffing Officer in the coordination and deployment of uniformed staff in the field;
- Make regular visits the assigned posts with the purpose of confirming personal presence during daily operations including shift briefings; to ensure personnel are punctual, executing job duties as required by job description, and ensuring grooming standards, and uniform policies are adhered to during the shift;
- Conduct checks and confirm that operations staff are performing on post as required and in an environment that will not most likely to hinder their performance;
- Collect information on the administrative concerns that need to be addressed for the operations staff,
- Solve any conflict and irregularities and escalate issues for appropriate action;
- Report absences and address station attendance/performance deficiencies and administer corrective measures in accordance with Human Resources policies;
- Supervise on the company resources usage in the field to ensure good use in order to avoid unnecessary damage and/or waste;
- Manage the performance and advise the Operations Manager on the performance including discipline of the uniformed personnel in the field;
- Conduct assessment and security survey of the premises, identify security risks and exposures, and recommend mitigation measures;
- Meet with the clients periodically so as to reassure them, collect their concerns and reaffirm KKs commitment to quality customer service;
- Manage and schedule training and development for all the technical support team to ensure they can handle new equipment and for skills enhancement; and
- Implement and monitor performance management programs and support staff through training, mentorship and coaching
Education and Experience
- Malawi School Certificate of Education Certificate and a Diploma in a management field
- Guard Basic security officers’ Supervision and technical certificates in security operations
- At least 5 years relevant field experience
- Experience in administration of security operations, investigations, report writing and people management skills
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in risk assessment and reporting
- Basic working knowledge of computers
- Valid driver’s licence
Interested candidate must demonstrate the following competencies and skills:
- Good leadership and people management skills and the ability to work as a team leader in a diverse environment;
- Good organizational, supervisory, and administrative skills with an ability to prioritize and coordinate a multitude of tasks
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers;
- A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Have a high sense of accuracy, attention for detail and with good analytical ability.
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills;
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity; and
- Ability to grow, support and develop talent within the unit
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications supported by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified certificates and three traceable referees to:
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 2084
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 10th July 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.