Nascent Solutions is seeking Field Facilitators to support field activities in the beneficiary communities of the McGovern-Dole Food for Education project.
The Field Facilitators will work in collaboration with the project technical staff and community partners and will be responsible for overseeing all project activities in their respective zones of intervention.
Field Facilitators will be required to spend about 80% of their time effectively following up project activities, mobilizing partners, collecting data, controlling commodity management and reporting on the various project activities.
Job Title: Field Facilitators (6 Positions)
Location: Central and Southern Regions of Malawi
Type of Employment: Salaried, full-time
Reporting: Reports to Nascent’s Regional Coordinators in their duty stations
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– Follow up the strict respect of USDA and Nascent Solutions regulations on commodity management
– Report to the country director on any misuse of project resources or any activity liable to discredit the organization or obstruct the attainment of program objectives.
– Train project partners and PTA members on project regulations
– Follow up the signing of partnership agreements between Nascent Solutions and the PTAs related to collaboration in project implementation and sustainability
– Follow up the use of project commodities as per the stipulated guidelines and report on commodity management in all their respective project zones
– Responsible for the periodic and unannounced control of all school stores
– Carry out monthly commodity inventory in all school stores in his/her project zone and reconcile any variances with the commodity management committee
– Ensure that feedback from the field gets to the office and appropriate action is taken
– Ensure that recommendations of stakeholder meetings are strictly implemented and reported upon
– Be responsible for all data control and collection at field level.
– Participate in all monthly meetings with the various project committees for effective project implementation and the promotion of ownership of the project by the community.
– Assist the technical staff in all field-related activities and training
– Ensure that knowledge gained from various trainings is effectively used to improve on program delivery at the zonal level
– Maintain a great working relationship with Nascents’ partners and collaborators in their area of work
– Represent Nascent in his/her project zone and maintain a good reputation within the community.
– Capture success stories and regularly take pictures of project activities
– Oversee all program events organized in his/her zone of control
– Maintain an excellent working relationship with government partners working with the project as well as other local authorities.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
– A university degre in social sciences, agronomy, nutrition, management, statistics, education or any
other related field
– Ability to undertake surveys and communicate appropriately with beneficiaries and partners
– An experience in the management of food commodities will be an added advantage
– Must demonstrate skills in community mobilization
– Possess experience working with grassroots and community organizations
– Capable of working well under pressure and at all hours
– Excellent knowledge and understanding of the culture and customs of the communities where we
– Knowledge of the local languages in Central and Southern regions will be an added advantage
– Ability to ride a motorbike as well as possession of a valid driver’s license
– Knowledge of English
– Acceptance to live in the communities and under challenging conditions.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to [email protected]
Please include “Field Facilitator- Malawi” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters
will not be considered. Malawi nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that onlyshortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is 4th May 2020
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as possible as we are looking to fill the position quickly.
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email