PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Position: Family Planning Providers -Mchinji and Dedza
- Reporting to the Team Leader, the Family Planning Provider will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure clear and well-arranged client flow at an outreach clinic and assist in preparing clients for procedures.
- Ensure the equipment for family planning (FP) procedure is cleaned and processed in line with set infection prevention standards and regulations.
- Ensure that RH equipment and supplies are adequate, ready and available on daily basis for outreach activities.
- Provide FP services according to PSI Malawi Service Delivery protocols during outreach clinics.
- Ensure that client counseling and education standards, including contraceptive choice, are adhered to at all times.
- Competently perform implant and IUCD insertions and removals on clients and counsel on wound care including how to report complications
- Competently perform/assist BTL procedure on clients and counsel on wound care including how to report complications
- Appropriately manage and refer complications and/or adverse events reported during outreach clinics.
- Correctly and completely fill client intake forms and registers
- Adhere to quality standard guidelines and procedure during service delivery
- Successfully demonstrate technical competence during periodic performance assessments.
- Contribute effectively to team work through active participation in team activities and tasks
- Ensure improved demand for services through identification of actionable innovations
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (Nurse Midwife Technician) or Registered Nurse Midwife or Diploma in Clinical Medicine and must be registered with Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi/ Medical Council of Malawi with at least two years’ experience in providing family planning service in a busy environment.
- Pleasant and open attitude to serving clients, including youth.
- Willing to travel 75% time in rural areas’
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with a detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 26th March, 2021, to:
The Head of Human Resources and Administration,
OR through: Email: [email protected]