EGPAF seeks to fill the following open positions:
Title : Facility Based Data Officer (FBDO)
Reports to : SI&E Officer
Location : Chichiri Prison in Blantyre and Zomba Central Prison
Post type : National
The Facility Based Data Officer (FBDO) is a skilled and self-motivated individual who under the direct supervision and guidance of the District SI&E Officer and in close coordination with health facility team will ensure proper documentation, data collection, data quality, reporting and usage at health facility level. S/he knows and is involved in all facility level data related activities
Essential responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Proper Documentation, Data Collection, Data Quality and Reporting
- Ensure usage of latest, standard and approved M&E tools for data recording and reporting at the facility.
- Support facility to ensure completeness and accuracy of the data for HIV care and treatment services.
- Conduct back data entry for eMastercard and update other facility based electronic or paper based data collection or reporting systems
- Facilitate all reporting requirements (weekly, monthly, quarterly) for the assigned health facilities for all program areas and DSD interventions working closely with facility/EGPAF clinical staff
- Capture data timely and accurately into designated databases including Power Apps for assigned facility
- Ensure data quality in all registers, electronic data and reporting forms
- In collaboration with SI&E Officer and District Technical Officer’s support health facility team to prepare for DHA/MOH quarterly HIV/TB Supportive Supervision, PEPFAR quarterly data disaggregation, PEPFAR SIMS visits, or any scheduled data collection exercise.
- Maintain confidentiality of information collected
- Performing quality checks on collected data and keyed data
- Respond to queries regarding data as requested by relevant country office staff
- Maintain inventory of facility level staff and report as needed for HRH Current
Data Use for Performance Management and Program Improvement
- Ensure EGPAF facility staff and DTO have access to timely data for program improvements and decision-making.
- With support from the SI&E Officer, analyzes facility data to support EGPAF and MOH facility technical teams.
- Participate in facility monthly data review/QI meetings and ensure action planning and execution
- Monitor usage of tools developed for pilot interventions.
- Reinforce usage of data at the health facility
Capacity Building and Team Management
- Ensuring all health workers at the facility have adequate knowledge and skills to use the M&E tools.
- Provide mentorship on SI&E skills to health workers.
- Monitor the implementation of SI&E Action Plans in the assigned health facility
- Identify capacity gaps in health workers and recommend for mentorship/training.
- Coordinate closely with EGPAF colleagues in the clinics/ districts and liaises with DHIS officers.
- Build good relationship with personnel in the assigned health facility
- Carry out any additional duties within reason as identified by supervisor (SI&E Officer).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in research, especially in public health related research is added advantage
- Previous experience in data collection and data entry
- Professional and respectful
- Ability to build rapport and customer care
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Good numeracy skills
- Fluency in English and Chichewa
- At least Advanced Diploma or Diploma in computer related courses with 1-2 year’s work experience in research data abstraction, data collection and computer data entry
- Advanced diploma in Statistics, Public Health, Information Technology and other data management related discipline or a degree in the above areas would be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and typing exposure will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel from one health facility to another within Blantyre district
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position.
Closing date: 30 November 2020