Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), whose main goal is promotion of information for sustainable livelihoods of farmers through innovative agriculture extension and advisory service delivery using radio enhanced by ICTs.
Job Title: Executive and Program Support Assistant
Supervisor Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Overall Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Type of Employment: One Year Contract Position; Renewal based on funding availability and performance.
Position Location: FRT offices
To provide executive, administrative and program support to the Chief Executive Officer, Senior Management team and the Board of Trustees & Directors and their respective sub committees, towards achieving FRT vision of information for sustainable livelihoods for farmers through dissemination of sound, evidence-based and scientifically proven agricultural technologies and services in all fields of agriculture and rural development.
- Assists the CEO with daily administrative duties including managing the active calendar of appointments drafting correspondence; arranging travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents and reports for meetings.
- Organize, update and maintain the office filing system.
- Support communication with the general staff on the CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings.
- Supports CEO in external commitments related to FRT, including service on external boards, committees and other groups.
- Support the CEOs in administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees/Directors and relevant sub committees, manages board activities.
- Arrange logistics for visiting guests and international partners in a timely manner.
- Managing invitation letters requiring the participation of FRT to stakeholders’ meetings or workshops on behalf of the CEOs and assign relevant staff with the assistance of the Director of Programs and the CEO
- Maintain an updated local and international stakeholder directory to ensure correct details of their contact information
- In liaison with DoP, support coordination of FRT technical program meetings and provide relevant administrative and logistical support
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with BBA
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- 5 years providing support for upper-level management in a related organization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Aptitudes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to learn new software such as Doodle polls and Director’s Desk board portal.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Board members, colleagues of the CEO and staff, and others.
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- General: The job requires making sound technical decisions pertaining program support
- Financial: The job requires sound financial management, analytical skills, and budgeting to support CEOs, SMT and Board operations.
Internally: The position requires mutual partnership and understanding with other FRT staff and works directly hand in hand with administration and programs
Externally: The position has responsibility for managing external communication to partners, donors and other stakeholders
Benefits/rewards of job:
FRT will offer competitive salary and related benefits commensurate with the position and experience.
How to apply
Send your CV with three traceable referees, and motivation letter highlighting relevant achievements to:
Email: [email protected]
quoting the position applying for in the subject line.
Closing day for receiving applications: Thursday, 20th August 2020