Applications are being invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following position tenable at ESCOM’s Head Office in Blantyre.
Position: PROJECTS ENGINEER (CIVIL)
To ensure effective and efficient planning and implementation of major and minor infrastructure development works for ESCOM, including assisting in the preparation of procurement documents for local and international procurement processes and with a bias towards civil engineering works. These infrastructure development works include, but not limited to, new power transmission lines infrastructure & associated substations, roads and buildings.
Also assistance in providing advisory services to user Departments on proper planning for implementation and the actual execution of major maintenance activities involving civil works, including assisting in the implementation management of the maintenance activities.
- Providing technical support in ensuring effective and efficient planning and implementation supervision of major and minor infrastructure development works for ESCOM
- Providing technical support and assistance in the preparation of procurement documents for local and international procurement processes and with a bias towards civil engineering works.
- Assistance in provision of technical advisory services to the user Departments on proper planning for implementation and the actual execution of major maintenance activities involving civil, electrical & mechanical works.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as well as other reports as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A good working knowledge of donor funded project implementation procedures and contract law/international guidelines
- A good working knowledge with Procurement Documents (Bidding and Contract documents)
- High levels of computer literacy, well developed communication/writing skills, analytical/problem solving skills.
- A minimum of BSc. in Civil Engineering
- Not less than 5 years’ hands-on experience in the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of major engineering works, with a bias towards power supply facilities
- Ability to handle complex work planning, costing and implementation to meet both targets and budget, under minimal supervision (self-starter, high initiative)
- Excellent stakeholder Management and Communication skills
- Ability to analyse and coming up with solutions to challenges in infrastructure development for power supply facilities and other associated works, in the face of the ever increasing negative and dynamic impact of environmental degradation and climate change (Excellent problem solving skills)
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks under confined environments (Highly multi-skilled
How to apply
Candidates meeting the above minimum requirements and are interested in the job should send their applications and up-dated CVs with names of three (3) traceable and reputable referees, and certified copies of certificates, to the following address: –
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is 14th December, 2020
Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged.
Note that ESCOM is an equal opportunity employer