The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following positions:
Direct Supervisor : Malawi Health Data Lake- Team Lead
Location : Lilongwe
Summary of the Position:
The Database Manager will join the Malawi Health Data Lake team and might lead a small team of database engineers/officers under the leadership of the Malawi Health Data Lake Team Lead. The incumbent will develop, manage and maintain a range of databases and data warehouses
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Leading a team of database administrators/officers and continuous integration developers. This involves being available 24/7 to assist the team
• Lead the design and implementation of database, application server and continuous integration architecture
• Be part of architecture, IT and analytic teams to own and implement an end-to-end data strategy from data ingest to output into business tools.
• Implement data governance framework to ensure significant business ownership over data assets and decision-making.
• Carry out continuous investigations into improving the database, application server and continuous integration environments
• Assist with the installation, configuration and upgrade of data lake and related databases
• Assist the team for the installation, configuration and upgrade of the application server and continuous integration environments
• Ensure that the DBA documentation set is updated and expanded where necessary
• Take ownership of duties or requests allocated and professionally manage them through to completion or escalation.
Required Qualifications and key Competencies
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or Health informatics or any related fields preferred
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Database administration, Database based system development or Administration
• Proven experience in development and production database administrator roles
• Replication / High Availability technologies included in Standard and Enterprise editions of the above product versions
• In-depth experience of the following technologies
o MYSQL,MS SQL, ORACLE, Power BI, NoSQL database development, 3rd party or open source ETL tools
• Demonstrable experience of performance tuning and query optimization
• Experience of the full Software Development Lifecycle, utilizing both Agile and Waterfall Project Delivery methods
Other Required Skills and abilities
• Working knowledge of PEPFAR programs and health systems in Malawi.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
• Comfortable working long hours if needed
• Ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, presentation, written communication and analytical skills.
• Experience in working effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
• Able to create, motivate and hold accountable a high performing team
• Highly organized, meticulous and reliable
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email