EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Title : Clinician (3 Positions)
Location : District- Based
Reporting to : Project Lead/Manager – AHD
With funding from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) will be implementing a 2-year quality improvement (QI) collaborative project in Malawi with the goals of;
- Accelerating the scale up and improve the outcomes of the Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) program by defining and scaling practical models for providing access to AHD services for people living with HIV in Malawi.
- Disseminating these models as best practices for other countries with similar disease burden and resource constraints via mechanisms such as the CQUIN Advanced HIV Disease Community of Practice for Advanced Disease.
Overall responsibilities : Reporting to the project lead-AHD, the Clinician will provide clinical consultation, technical support in the planning and implementation of the Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) program within EGPAF -supported facilities in collaboration with district health management team (DHMT).
Other Responsibilities i nclude the following, but not limited to:
- Leadership in advanced HIV provision in the project focus districts
- Oversee the implementation of strategies in the project district for strengthening screening, preventing and treating AHD.
- Provide consultations at the District hospital for HIV Care and Treatment and improve the treatment outcomes of the HIV advanced disease
- Provide technical support for HIV Care and Treatment programming as well as building capacity of the staff at the facility level both at the hub and spoke sites.
- Support the implementation of the Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) program within the district.
- Participate in district supervision and mentorship review meetings in addition to QI collaborative learning sessions.
- With guidance from project lead, participate in the development of materials related to advanced HIV care and treatment, including screening tools and algorithms and other necessary tools/job aids.
- Work with M&E/QI team and facility staff to help track progress, identify course correction needs and implement interventions in a timely manner
- Organizes regular facility level technical updates/review meetings for Advanced HIV Disease to the to discuss performance
- Work with the project manager to track and report on all AHD related activities and processes at the project supported sites in collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the district especially at site to ensure provision of quality services and timely progress is made towards set targets.
- Recommends/Identifies training needs on Advanced HIV Disease in the supported facilities and provide on-the-job training and build skills of health care workers as needed
- Prepares periodic reports on Advanced HIV Disease activities as per the donor and EGPAF standards.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Bachelor of Medicine or its equivalent. Training in general HIV care and treatment
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of HIV/ AIDS specifically, direct HIV Treatment and Care
- Knowledge of Advanced HIV Disease management and guidelines is an added advantage.
Demonstrated clinic competence and experience in pediatrics HIV management. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a multi-cultural team environment. Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, but also coordinate with MOH and EGPAF colleagues, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail. Ability to travel domestically mainly within the district for service delivery and mentoring up to 50% of the time.