Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following positions:
Job title : DevOps Manager
Reports to : HIS –Project Director
Location : Lilongwe
The DevOps Manager will work with cutting-edge tools and employ modern strategies such as continuous deployment, build automation, observability, and high availability optimizations to lead the transition from traditional application and service deployment to automated build and deployment services.
A passion for learning new tech and the ability to multi-task and deliver on tight deadlines will ensure your success. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the services being deployed and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as a primary point-of-contact responsible for the overall development, performance, and capacity planning of all EMR services
- Design a robust auto build and deployment architecture for all our sites across Malawi with the ability to rollback
- Manage Version control and standardization across all sides.
- Partner with Product and Development teams to deploy new services and features to all the sites
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications and infrastructure
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale mixed-OS environment
- Find creative and innovative ways to automatic deploy applications in unstable connectivity Wide Area Network
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with “operability” in mind
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Mentor more junior team-members to up level skills and design for best-practices and horizontal scalability.
- Work cross-functionally with adjacent teams to reuse technologies, share code, and set both standards and best practices.
Required Qualifications and key Competencies
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience working in DevOps, software development, or network management
- 5+ years of experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux or Windows
- 5+ years of experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Node, Java/Scala, C++ or C#)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix or Windows administration and scripting
- Experience with automation and configuration management using either Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, or an equivalent
- Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration & delivery environment
Other Required Skills and abilities
- Working knowledge of PEPFAR programs and health systems in Malawi.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
- Comfortable working long hours if needed
- Ability to translate user requirements into functional specifications
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, presentation, written communication and analytical skills.
- Experience in working effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Able to create, motivate and hold accountable a high performing team
- Highly organized, meticulous and reliable