EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position
Job title: Associate HR and Administration Officer(2)
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Reports to: Senior HR and Administration Officer
The Associate Human Resource and Administration Officer reports to the Senior HR and Admin Officer and provides general day-to-day administrative functions of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Records Management
- Develop an efficient filing system (both paper and electronic) to make updating and retrieving of files easier
- Opening of files for new employees and any other HR & Administration correspondences
- Conducting quarterly personnel file audits
- Ensure any employee’s status changes are adequately documented and updated
- Ensure all employees are in receipt of all critical HR documents, including contract, employee handbook, job description etc.
- Recruitment and Selection Support
- Inviting candidates for interviews, ensuring all paperwork for the interview is in place.
- Ensure candidate logistics and transport reimbursements are properly done and activity advances are timely reconciled with Finance.
- Welcomes new employees to the organization by supporting Snr HR & Admin coordinating orientation programs.
- Ensures all new staff undergo orientation, complete and sign all mandatory paperwork after orientation program
- Preparation of HR travel advances for transport reimbursement, payment of temporary staff & any other.
- Provide interview feedback to candidates
- Office Management
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
- Calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Ensure that office utilities are provided and offices are always clean and well decorated
- Monitor HR & Administration Office supplies and make timely orders
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and take minutes
- Operating a variety of office tools, including computers, photocopying, printing and scanning
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (new recruits paper work, separation, promotion, lateral movements, absences, etc.).
- Performing any other tasks or functions as assigned
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management/Business Management
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar post
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Ability to work with limited supervision