World Vision International in Malawi is currently looking for dedicated professional Christians to fill the positions below under a New Grant. If you are passionate about child wellbeing and you are considering a career with a calling, we would love to talk to you.
Position: Education Project Officer -Grade 14, (2 Positions)
Based in Lilongwe and Blantyre Districts
Purpose of the position
Under the direction of the Zonal Education Technical Coordinator, the Education Project Officer will be responsible for implementation and field level coordination/ facilitation of the Education Sector with a focus on Literacy (Community Action component) both at Early Childhood and in Primary education levels in the project districts.
The position will be familiar with a broad cross-section of activities, resources, and techniques associated with the development and implementation of the Community Action component of the unlocking literacy model.
The position is also responsible for profiling World Vision Malawi and NASCENTS in all relevant sector networks and technical working groups at district level.
The incumbent is the primary contact for the organization in matters relating to the USDA project
- Lead the planning, organizing / facilitating and implementation of education and literacy interventions at the district level
- Maintain programmatic accountability for program activities at district including data collection for evaluation, record keeping of activities, and the completion of all necessary quarterly progress and year-end reporting
- Establish, coordinate and integrate education and literacy databases and develop information systems.
- Facilitate increased access and literacy levels of children at ECD and primacy school level.
- Facilitate efficient and timely implementation of planned activities by all relevant committees, district and community partners to ensure the right techniques, methodologies and standards are employed
- Works closely with the government partners and schools to establish to increase literacy levels.
- Distribute IEC materials and facilitate training programs to ensure quality technical messages on various education and literacy reaching all the target beneficiaries
- Assist in the assessment of the potential for improving learning and education systems for ECD and schools.
- Assist in designing and implementing innovative literacy and educational practices in the district
Partnerships & Advocacy
- Network and collaborate with all local level stakeholders involved in education and literacy to enhance program implementation and facilitate smooth transition for sustainability in the program
- Represent the program on relevant local level committees, taskforces, fairs, etc., in order to promote coordination and collaboration with other stakeholders and relevant efforts whenever possible
- Promote local level advocacy
- Build capacity of the local communities/institutions in preparation of annual work plan; and business plans based on local problems prevailing in the community.
- Provide technical support to the community on implementation of development plans (AOP) through monitoring and review sessions consistent with budgetary allocation and within the set time line.
- Build the capacity of local communities in monitoring of their own activities and development of local monitoring tools
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum Education qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Education with 3-5 years’ experience in similar position
Knowledge and technical skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of sponsorship and rural/community development
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Able to work in cross cultural environment
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Creative and team player
To view the complete Job Description and requirements please visit: https://www.wvcentral.org
OR Send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
Email: [email protected]
Not later than 30th June 2020. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.