The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) commissioned GIZ to implement the Social Protection Programme (SPP) in Malawi The SPP programme has been operational in Malawi since 2015 and has entered its second phase (2018-2021). GIZ SPP seeks to support the Government of Malawi to strengthen the coordination and implementation of the Malawi National Social Support Programme H (MNSSP II). MNSSP II is the overarching framework for the implementation of the national social protection policy. It has 5 pillars including consumption support, resilient livelihoods and shock sensitive social protection, systems strengthening and linkages. GE is working closely with the Poverty Reduction and Social Protection Division (PRSP) in the Ministry of Economic Planning and Development and Public Sector Reforms. In the second phase of the GIZ SPP, implementation has commenced in 9 districts in the central region and 11 districts in the southern region.
To successfully implement this programme, GIZ is looking to recruit 2 Drivers to be based in Lilongwe and Zomba.
Position: Drivers (2 posts)
The SPP driver is responsible for-
- safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations
- running official errands and
- assisting with other office work maintaining accurately a vehicle log-book of all resource and personnel movements in his/ her assigned vehicle.
- Monitors and reports the need to renew car insurance incl. official cars used by other programme personnel
The driver performs the following tasks:
The SPP driver
- provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests.
- runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies or refreshments
- helps with transporting goods
The SPP driver
- cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery water-levels and the entire vehicle, monthly and according to the official car maintenance schedule, checks headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc. regularly.
- is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- calculates monthly fuel, oil and lubricant consumption for the monthly cash fund, forwards vouchers to the cashier without delay and as/or requested
- reports need for service and carries out minor repairs immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
- Ensures his/her mobile phone is charged and reachable during office hours at all times
- Does not use the car for his/her own private purposes at any time. Such misuse of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct, and will immediately lead to a warning and may result in dismissal
- Knowledge management
The SPP driver
- uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
- NGO knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Other duties/additional tasks
The SPP driver assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
Interested applicants are invited to forward a CV, copies of their driver’s license, certificates and cover letter expressing their motivation and experience related to the job. Clearly indicate in subject line the position being applied for and preferred duty station.
The Head of HR
GIZ Country Office
Mtendere Drive, 10/319
P.O. Box 31131
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for receiving applications is 26th October, 2020. GIZ is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.