The Bantwana Initiative of World Education Inc. (WEI/Bantwana) seeks qualified Drivers for the USAID funded Ana Patsogolo Activity, a project aimed at preventing new HIV infections and reducing the vulnerability of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women AGYW) WEI/Bantwana is a leader in OVC programming and organizational capacity development in high HIV prevalence countries in southern and eastern Africa
Perform tasks related to driving WEI/Bantwana vehicles entrusted to you in a safe and economical manner in conjunction with WEI/Bantwana policy and the traffic laws and regulations of Malawi. Also perform minor mechanical tasks.
Transportation & Safety
- Transport WEI/Bantwana staff and visitors as instructed.
- Ensure the safety of passengers & luggage at all times.
- Observe speed limits and all WEI/Bantwana travel guidelines.
- Ensure the use of seat belts at all times.
- Ensure proper communication procedures.
- Ensure vehicles are fully sanitized and disinfected, and fully stocked with emergency face masks and hand sanitizers.
- Maintain vehicles allocated in sound mechanical condition.
- Ensure the washing & general cleaning of vehicles is maintained.
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled and serviced promptly.
- Report any faults/breakdowns & accidents immediately to the Procurement & Logistics Officer.
- Ensure First Aid Kits are complete and spare & tools are allocated in vehicles.
- Ensure that all vehicles have log sheets and pens.
- Maintain accurate vehicle records to ensure that all trips, fuel fill-ups, time and mileage readings are recorded.
- Ensure fuel fill ups entry is made in the log sheet timely,
- Ensure vehicle request forms are filled and submitted for travel allocation to Administration Assistant
- Submit all vehicle log sheets on a monthly basis to the Procurement & Logistics Officer.
- Ensure to check vehicle on daily basis and submit check list report to Procurement & Logistics Officer.
- Submit field trip report after every trip to the Procurement & Logistics Officer
- Submit vehicle repair reports to the Procurement & Logistics Officer every time before and after repairs
- Ensure that vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance are valid.
- Inform the Procurement & Logistics Officer 3 weeks in advance of renewals.
Delivering and receiving mail
- Prompt delivery of all mail and maintain record on delivery book, inclusive of cheques and equipment.
- Check in post office for mail on a regular basis.
- Receive mail from partners and sub-offices and hand it over to the HR and Admin Officer
- Perform minor repairs as required and recommend major cases to the garage.
- Road test and certify all vehicles from the garages.
- Any other duties assigned by the Procurement & Logistics Officer.
- O Level Certificate, Mechanical Certificate is ideal
- Defensive driving certificate.
- At least three years of driving experience
- Professional Driver Certificate
- Comfortability in filling forms.
- Flexible to work unusual hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled–the first review will take place on August 24th.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to:
Email: [email protected] with the position title in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.