Position : Driver (2 positions)
Employer: Plan Malawi
Duties and Responsibilities
• Driving officers and other authorised staff on official trips
• Ensures that water, brake fluid, engine oil, battery electrolyte and power steering oil are at the recommended levels.
• Ensures that all tyres are inflated to the right level and wheel nuts are well secured before driving off.
• Ensures that the vehicle is checked for any dents before driving off from a parking lot.
• Ensures that the vehicle has all the required tools such as the spare wheel, wheel spanner, fire extinguisher, a towing rope, jump cables and a first aid kit.
• Ensures that speed limits, parking times and all policies and procedures for PIM are observed and this includes the SOPs.
• Ensures that the vehicle is cleaned and kept tidy all the times.
• Ensures that the vehicle is fuelled at the right time, at filling stations and fuel receipts are properly kept and liquidations done on time.
• Ensures that all passengers wear seat belts before driving off.
• Ensures that the vehicle has a log book and properly filled.
• Ensures that the vehicle is serviced and repaired on time.
• Ensures that staff are driven to their destinations safely.
• Ensures that all accidents are reported to the Police and the Administration & Logistics Officer immediately they happen.
• To conduct any other duties as assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
• 7 years of experience in an international NGO
• A valid Defensive Driving certificate
• Knowledge of 4 by 4 vehicles
• Good knowledge of Malawi road network
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] clearly indication on the subject the name of the position you are applying for. Include a CV and copies of certificates in your application.
Dead line for receiving applications is TUESDAY, 14th July, 2020
Plan International appreciates all applicants but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed immediately they are received.
Plan International is an equal opportunity employer
Plan International takes seriously its policies on safeguarding children and young people and workplace safeguarding and will undertake a robust formal and informal measures to undertake robust background checks specifically attributable to these two areas
Plan International Malawi Reserves the right to establish a reserve of suitable candidates for future openings
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email