UNC Project, a biomedical research, training and service project based in Lilongwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Drivers.
The driver at UNC Project is responsible for picking and delivering staff, study participants, goods/ supplies and sundry from designated areas to designated and appropriate destinations. He/she is also responsible for taking good care of the vehicle in his/her control.
Specific Tasks Include
• Pick up study clients, staff or authorized groups of people on a regular schedule,
• Collect and distribute study supplies,
• Perform routine vehicle maintenance, such as regulating the pressure and adding fuel, oil and water,
• Apply local or regional geographical knowledge for transportation,
• Apply map reading techniques, e.g. GPS,
• Perform safety inspections in transportation setting,
• Follow established traffic laws or transportation procedures,
• Apply acceptable customer service in transportation,
• Use vehicle repair tools or safety equipment accordingly,
• Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
• Driving license, minimum C1 PG
• 2 years’ work experience as a professional driver.
Please send your applications to:
The Country Director
Private Bag A-104
Physical Address: Tidziwe Research Centre, Kamuzu Central Hospital, Lilongwe.
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for receiving applications: November 6, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email