The driver will perform tasks related to driving the project vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with the traffic laws and regulation of Malawi. The driver will report to the project coordinator.
General duties and responsibilities
- Transport project staff and visitors as instructed.
- Ensure the safety of passengers at all times.
- Ensure proper communication procedures.
- Maintain vehicles allocated in sound mechanical condition.
- Ensure the washing & general cleaning of vehicles is maintained.
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled and serviced promptly.
- Report any faults/breakdowns & accidents immediately to the project coordinator.
- Ensure First Aid Kits are complete and spare and tools are allocated in vehicles
- Maintain accurate vehicle records to ensure that all trips, fuel fill-ups, time and mileage readings are recorded.
- Ensure fuel fill ups entry is made in the log sheet timely,
Skills and qualifications
- MSCE Certificate
- At least three years of driving experience
- Professional Driver Certificate
- Flexible to work during odd hours
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine
Electronic submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address:
[email protected] . The deadline for applications is 25th September, 2020