Inter Aide Maintenance – Project-Mponela Office
Inter Aide began the maintenance projects in 1991 as part of WASH projects in Malawi. In 2008 the Maintenance Projects became independent.
Our objectives are:
- To improve health and sanitary living conditions of vulnerable rural families
- To increase access to maintenance services of water points
- To increase protected water points functionality rate.
POST: DISTRICT PROJECT OFFICERS FOR MAINTENANCE SYSTEMS PROJECTS (2 Posts)
Duty station: Kasungu and Nkhotakota.
Purpose of the post
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and Project Coordinator, She/ He will have to manage, monitor and support the activities of the Maintenance Project. Depending on the implementation level of the program in a district assigned, he/she will be in charge to support Water Department Offices in the takeover of Water Hand Pumps maintenance networks management or provide technical support to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate the Project implementation or transition among Development partners
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings including Water Department staff (WD), Area Mechanics,Spare Part Shops, Area Development Committees and Traditional Authorities to promote the project
- Facilitate the management of program activity development according to project activity calendar in collaboration with the Water Department
- Strengthen the WD capacities to manage maintenance network in order to improve the functionality rate of hand pump
- Conduct performance review of different stakeholders to track progress and identify support needed
- Strengthen the WD capacities to collect, process and analyse data on the field situation for decision making and reporting
- Follow up and train Area Mechanics and spares parts retailers for the district
- Promotion of the project and its partners at district level (Relationship with Wash program in others NGOs)
- Represent Inter Aide Maintenance Project among authorities and WASH professionals
- Ensure a strict follow up of the program financial aspects and administrative procedures
- Collaboration with safeguarding key stakeholders at district and community level
- Produce monthly, quarterly, bi annual and annual reports in line with Inter Aide standards
Qualifications, skills and experiences
- Mature, of proven good conduct and integrity.
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Community Development, or Water Resources Management, or any related field.
- Those with Diploma as indicated above with relevant experience will be considered.
- Possession of valid and clean motorcycle driving license.
- Ability to manage budgets and produce justifiable expenses.
- 2 years relevant experience with development programs or organizational management will be appreciated.
- Leadership skills, Good external relations and communications skills
- Ability to work and to maintain compatibility among staff and partners.
- Good writing and presentation skills for reporting purposes.
- Computer skills in general but specifically good in Excel is required.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Other added advantages include: staff management experience or experience with development project transition skills for efficient project hand over.
- Motivation to move very often to the field.
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply
- Computer Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership skills
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Report writing
- Self-managed/ Disciplined
- Team-working skills
- Communication skill
How to apply
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualification and experience should send applications with detailed CV, cover letter and names of 3 traceable referees not later than 12:00 noon on Friday, 12th February 2021 as its online enrolment, with Position Title: “District Project Officer” in subject line to:
Email: [email protected]