Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to supplement Government efforts in addressing HIV and AIDS and health burden in Malawi. Through its various programs, it is currently providing high quality HIV testing, prevention and treatment services to individuals, families and communities through static and outreach outlets in order to reduce HIV transmission and the impact of HIV and AIDS in Malawi.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following open positions for MACRO’s Ana Patsogolo Activity (APA) Program to be based in Mangochi.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the District Case Management Officer will ensure compliance to the project guidelines in the management of OVCs and AGYW in the targeted households.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, enroll high-risk OVC in case management, and provide referrals to an expanded
referral network of services
- Support community structures to conduct HIV risk assessments for OVC and AGYW during case management referral and link at risk OVC to HIV testing and counselling services (HTS)
- Support the establishment of a bi-directional referral system to monitor beneficiaries through the HIV continuum of care as well as service completion for other health and social services
- Ensure improved access to adolescent friendly health and HIV Prevention service
- Strengthen identification and linkage of extreme high risk OVC and AGYW through intensified clinic and community case finding, index testing, and contact tracing
- Train and place Youth Peer Navigators at high volume clinics to enhance access to and uptake of HIV and SRH services at youth-friendly sites
- Increase demand and access to youth-friendly HIV and Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health services
- Introduce community-based Teen Clubs for ALHIV and young OVC caregivers to support adherence and transition to adult care
- Promote viral load monitoring to ensure viral load suppression and resilience for OVCs, AGYWs and caregivers living with HIV
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing or Clinical Medicine.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in HIV and AIDS Testing and Counselling Services, ART and case management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge in HIV Counselling and Testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in HIV and AIDS case management
- Knowledge of child development and its influence on parent/child relationship in every stage of child’s development
- Previous experience of working with a parenting and ECD programme will be a great asset
- Good communication skills with ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV,
educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable
The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Thursday, 20th August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.