The Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) Limited is incorporated under the Companies Act of the Laws of Malawi. Its core business is to procure, transmit and distribute electric power in Malawi. ESCOM is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position currently existing within the Corporation:
The Director of Fibre Optics Network System shall be responsible to both the Chief Executive Officer (Operational) and the Board (Policy) in the performance of his\/her duties and responsibility
Set up, launch, develop, grow, and lead a business unit that manages a nation-wide fibre optics network to facilitate provision of cost-effective products and services within the Networking, IT, Telecommunication, Fibre Optic industry in Malawi.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Create shareholder, customer, and employee value by ensuring the overall success of the business unit, include creating frameworks for work delegation, establishing talented management and systems, and the strategy and goals for operations, marketing, financing, sales, customer service, the company’s culture and corporate core values.
- Integrate the business unit with appropriate industry ecosystems and linkages with experts in the Networking, IT and Telecommunication Technology fields, negotiate or approve agreements and contracts for the organization with key strategic players in the value chain.
- Pursue the business unit’s developmental and commercial objectives, seize opportunities in the Networking, IT and Telecommunication Industry through the provisioning of quality and cost-effective data bandwidth and fibre optic services
Qualifications and skills;
- Minimum of a Degree in Business Administration or a related technical area such as IT, Telecommunication and Engineering, but preferably a Masters Degree
- The incumbent must be an inspiring leader and a culture champion capable of hiring, developing and retaining the highest performing work teams
- Able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings, balancing out developmental and commercial goals at all times
- Other skills required include: Good communication skills, Problem-solving skills, Leadership skills, Decision-making skills, Prioritization and Delegation skills
- Demonstrable track record of at least 15yrs experience in technical field work, business strategy and engineering management in the fibre optic, IT and Telecommunications with emphasis on development of internet infrastructure.
- Proven experience as Managing Director or in other top executive position of a profitable and leading company or companies.
METHOD OF APPLICATION;
Interested persons should submit their applications, under confidential cover, either by post, courier or e-mail, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to
The Chairman of the Board, Suite 214,
2nd Floor, Development House, Henderson Street
P O Box 1782, Blantyre.
E-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 29th January 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.