The Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) Limited is incorporated under the Companies Act of the Laws of Malawi. Its core business is to procure, transmit and distribute electric power in Malawi. ESCOM is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position currently existing within the Corporation:
Director of Distribution and Customer Service;
The Director of Distribution and Customer Services shall be responsible to the Chief Operating Officer in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities to effectively manage the Distribution Division of the Corporation.
The Director of Distribution and Customers Services shall be responsible, but not limited, for the following:
- Directing and guiding the Distribution Division in the preparation of inputs to the Corporation’s strategic and business plans and ensuring the submissions address the requirements of the Corporation`s mission and objectives;
- Representing the Distribution Division in the Corporation`s strategic and business planning processes;
- Ensuring that action plans for each department within the Distribution Division are derived from the Corporation`s business plans, and in liaison with other divisional heads, that the material, human, and financial resources are available in the short, medium and long terms for smooth implementation of such plans;
- Ensuring timely preparation of the Division’s Revenue and Capital budgets to facilitate the translation into action of the requirements in the corporate strategic plans;
- Guiding and overseeing the overall Distribution Division’s function in line with the Corporation`s set goals;
- Continuously monitoring progress of each sub-division and Department and taking corrective action or introducing adjustments or alternatives to strategy implementation as dictated by available resources;
- Ensuring that the Operations and Maintenance of the Distribution system and network and associated ancillary equipment are properly managed, with emphasis on quality and reliability of supply;
- Formulating policies, technical or otherwise relating to the Distribution operation and maintenance functions;
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Qualification and Experience;
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- A relevant Master’s Degree from a recognized University would be an added advantage;
- The applicant must also be a registered member of the Malawi Board of Engineers.
- Applicants must have ten (10) years’ experience of which at least five (5) years should be at Senior Management level
- Applicants with experience in the power supply industry will have an added advantage.
The ideal candidate for the position must:
(a) Have excellent oral and written communication
(b) Have excellent interpersonal skills and be self-motivated, a team player and results oriented;
(c) Be of high integrity; and
(d) Have excellent analytical skills.
METHOD OF APPLICATION;
Interested persons should submit their applications, under confidential cover, either by post, courier or e-mail, enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to;
The Chairman of the Board, Suite 214,
2nd Floor, Development House, Henderson Street
P O Box 1782, Blantyre.
E-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 29th January 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged