To assist the Principal and Executive Board: in securing the highest possible educational standards for students in creating an atmosphere in which staff have high expectations of students to have a teaching responsibility.
- To assist the Principal in maintaining an inspirational working environment underpinned through a positive ethos in which individuals feel valued and where personal endeavour and responsibility are encouraged
- To assist the Principal in setting an example of high quality performance in standards and leadership
- Deputise for the Principal in his absence
- To share in the leadership and management of the Academy, including line-management responsibility, both of departmental and pastoral teams, incorporating our Performance Management Policy
- To promote and monitor standards of teaching and learning specifically in the post holder’s area of responsibility and throughout the Academy
- To help devise, implement and monitor strategies for raising levels of achievement
- To take decisions in day-to-day management matters
- To undertake strategic planning and to share responsibility for shaping and implementing the Academy Improvement Plan
- To support and advise colleagues in the exercise of their professional duties and professional development
- To support students in their academic and social development and to implement the Academy’s Behaviour Policy, reinforcing disciplinary measures as necessary
- To convene and chair meetings and working parties as appropriate
- To actively demonstrate a commitment to ‘whole-Academy’ life –fully supporting Academy events, taking an interest and participating in Academy activities including those that are “Residential” and “Overseas “and giving a lead with regard to students’ conduct and appearance
Specific requirements for this role include:
- The capacity to think and lead strategically to enable the school to achieve its vision and mission.
- The capacity to initiate and lead change.
- A strong understanding of key educational issues covering teaching and learning, professional learning and accountability.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including high level inter-personal, administrative and information technology skills.
- High level communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Appropriate qualifications and experience to successfully complete the role of Assistant Principal Staffing and Administration.
Qualification and Competencies
- Bachelors Degree in any Educational discipline
- 5+ years experience in High level management roles in an educational institution
- Proven track record of leadership
How to apply
Interested Applicants must apply to the following email address:
Email: [email protected]
Please ensure to mention the position you are applying for in the Subject of the Email. Deadline for applications: 31 August 2020.