The Malawi Agricultural and Industrial Investment Corporation (MAIIC) is a private sector-led development finance institution (DFI) incorporated in November 2018 under the Company’s Act. It was established to bridge the long-term financing gap in Malawi and spearhead private sector development. As a commercially oriented DFI, MAIIC plays a leading role in socio-economic development of the country in line with the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III.
Applications are invited for the following: –
Post;Credit Risk Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure quality asset book growth
- Make sound credit risk assessment.
- Make timeous and sound and pragmatic recommendations and decisions.
- Facilitate, manage and recommend for approval facilities within credit risk appetite and authority.
- Facilitate continous improvements of facility approval processes and tools.
- Ensuring approvals are in line with policy, guidelines and schedule of authority.
Management of Credit Strategy;
- Implement, monitor and maintain a strategic plan for credit function together with an execution framework to support MAIIC’s vision.
- Manage and control the unit strategies and campaigns within the team.
- Assist in preparation, implementation and awareness of new policies and review of existing policies.
Management of MAIIC Customer Portfolio;
- Timely facility renewals and reviews.
- Ownership and understanding of the risk profile of the overall portfolio.
- Coordinate and ensure that the post implementation of facilities and legal documentation is in accordance with the conditions.
- Articulate credit appetite and give guidance to structure of deals and documents required.
- Establish an effective team, ensuring that all the required functions are adequately and timely addressed.
- Ensure capacity and succession planning is in place.
- Assist with the implementation of HR policies and people management practices.
- Ensure that the team is competent, trained and that the correct structure, culture and leadership qualities are introduced and maintained.
- Increase awareness of any applicable statutory governance or legislation.
Monitoring of irregular accounts;
- Daily management,escalation and control of portfolio irregularities.
- Monitoring of conditions of sanction.
- Make timeous, sound and pragmatic recommendations and decisions in managing accounts within portfolio.
- Managing Watchlist and NPL proceses.
Budgeting and Management of Cost and Revenue;
- Making budgets for the unit, including provisions, administration and training.
- Managing costs and revenues within set budgets.
- Effective offfice administration.
Qualifications and experience;
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration.
- Those with a Master’s in business administration will have added advantage.
The job holder is required to have 7 years of relevant experience in:
- Credit Risk Management (analysis and evaluation, monitoring, collateral management, and recoveries)
- Banking and Finance
- Knowledge of Bank credit policies and procedures
- Knowledge of regulatory framework for Banking and Development Finance Institutions (DFIs).
- Oral and written communication
How to apply;
If you are interested to apply, please electronically submit your resume and application letter to: [email protected].
All Applications should be clearly marked with the respective position being applied. The application letter should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Malawi Agricultural and Industrial Investment Officer
African Unity Avenue
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.