The Malawi Agricultural and Industrial Investment Corporation (MAIIC) is a private sector-led development finance institution (DFI) incorporated in November 2018 under the Company’s Act. It was established to bridge the long-term financing gap in Malawi and spearhead private sector development. As a commercially oriented DFI, MAIIC plays a leading role in socio-economic development of the country in line with the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III.
Applications are invited for the following: –
Credit Administration Officer
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Ensure approval conditions of all facilities are in place before and after draw down.
- Ensure compliance of all policies, processes and procedures.
- Identify, manage and monitor all accounts that are problematic and irregular (in grace period, watchlisted, NPL and Loss).
- Facilitate foreclosure of assets where need be.
- Managing and actioning all relevant Portfolio Reports.
- Ensure correct preparation and registration of collateral documents including charges, mortgages etc.
- Scrutiny of signed documents including offer letters before disbursements.
- Manage cancellation and withdrawal of guarantees.
- Manage permanent and temporary release of collateral.
- Manage renewal of insurance and valuations for the existing facilities.
- Safe keeping of collateral documents and ensure correct recording and checking of same.
- Actioning and managing collateral reports.
- Obtaining from legal documentation/Offer Letters all financial and non financial covenants, diarize, follow through and report in case of breaches.
- Undertaking periodic and ad hoc visits / spot checks and review of clients operations. Liaising with external agents (amongst them Collateral Managers, Independent Inspectors, Warehouse Managers) on behalf of the MAIIC and supervise on their activities in line with executed service agreements.
Qualifications and Experience;
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration.
The job holder is required to have 5 years of relevant experience in:
- Credit Risk Management (evaluation, monitoring, collateral management, and recoveries)
- Credit control environment.
- Collection procedures.
- Kowledge of Bank credit policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework for Banking and Development Finance Institutions (DFIs).
- Applicant must have strong negotiation and computer skills.
- Oral and written communication.
How to apply;
If you are interested to apply, please electronically submit your resume and application letter to: [email protected].
All Applications should be clearly marked with the respective position being applied. The application letter should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Malawi Agricultural and Industrial Investment Officer
African Unity Avenue
Deadline for receiving applications is 12th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.