The Catholic Diocese of Mzuzu (CDM), with financial support from ChancendurchBildung (CdB) [Opportunities through Education], is establishing a Teachers Training College located in the precincts of St John’s Catholic Parish, Mzambazi near Euthini. The TTC shall be named Theodora van Rossum (TvR) Teachers Training Collage.
The Diocese has now reached a point of advertising for the recruitment of lecturers and support staff for the TTC. Applications are, therefore, invited from suitably qualified candidates as follows:
POSITION: Cook (4)
REPORTING TO: College Bursar
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION : Prepare and serve meals for the students and visitors to the College.
SOME SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Cook meals in a hygienic manner
- Serve meals with decorum to enhance appetite
- Clean the kitchen and dining areas
- Clean kitchen equipment and utensils
- Keep food items in a hygienic manner
- Follow the menu as designed; any changes have to be in liaison with the College Bursar and student leadership wherever necessary
- Keep stock and track of food and other items and order them in a timely manner
- Do any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Minimum training in Food Preparation and Kitchen Management
- Those trained at MIT and other relevant institutions will have an added advantage
- Those with experience in similar positions are specifically encouraged to apply
- Willingness to live in a rural setup is essential
Applications, indicating on top of the envelope which position you are applying for, should be directed to the following:
The Diocesan Director of Social Development,
Jobidon House, Behind Mchengautuba Filling Station,
P.O. Box 2,
Please observe the following as you apply:
- Emailed applications shall not be considered
- Applications should reach the Director on or before Friday, 9th November 2020 before 17:00 hours. Late applications shall not be considered.
- The application package should include a covering letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, indicating at least two traceable referees); a letter from your Church/Mosque leadership and copies of your academic qualifications. Original certificates will be required at the interview.
- Please note that it is not the policy of the Diocese to help with any costs of applying for positions and your attendance at interviews if shortlisted.
- Interviews for all positions are expected to take place in the 1st week of December except for the position of Principal which are expected on the 11th November 2020.
- And, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No canvassing for the positions above is allowed and canvassing may lead to immediate disqualification from being considered.