Saint John of God Hospitaller Services provides both residential and community-based mental health services, and services for children with a disability and/or special needs in the cities of Mzuzu, Lilongwe and their environs. This is done through inpatient, outpatient and community based mental health programs; rehabilitation and vocational training for people recuperating from mental illness, people with disability and other special needs; special education and community-based rehabilitation for children with disability or epilepsy. The service also provides university level training in psychiatric nursing, general nursing, clinical medicine (psychiatry) and counselling.
Position: COLLEGE PRINCIPAL-(RE-ADVERTISED)
Place of assignment: Saint John of God College of Health Sciences
Reports to: The Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of the Position
Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the College Principal will be responsible for the overall functioning of the college, maintaining and promoting academic efficiency, providing leadership and general administration of the college. The College Principal will be part of St John of God Malawi Executive Management Team
Responsibilities (which include, but not limited to):
- Management of Services carried out by College through planning, organising, monitoring, coordinating, budgeting and supervision.
- Spearhead the college strategic planning, policy formulation, fine- tuning and implementation targeted at making the college responsive to the overarching needs of the nation in particular and those global issues related to mental health;
- Take lead in the identification, mobilisation and distribution of financial, teaching, learning and research resources meant to facilitate the operations of St. John of God College of Health Sciences.
- Ensure that quality of teaching/learning is up to the set standards through overseeing that teaching, learning, research, consultancy and admission standards are maintained at the highest level possible
- Provision of induction to all new members of staff and promotion of professional development of all team members through identification of training needs and carrying out in-service training or recommend for the outsourcing of training if necessary;
- Maintain close liaison with the offices of Vice Chancellor, the University Registrar and academic deans of the universities our college is affiliate to; in all matters affecting its core functions
- Participate in academic assessments, college appointments, disciplinary committee and other adhoc committees that may be created to facilitate college operations.
- PhD in Nursing, Medicine, Psychology or any health-related field.
- Those with Master’s Degree and relevant experience may be considered
- A minimum of five years’ leadership experience in a health training/academic institution
- Those with good health research output, networking and resource mobilisation skills will have added advantage
- Strong Strategic leadership and managerial skills.
- Registration with an appropriate professional body
- Willingness to work with people with mental health illness and their families Strict adherence to our Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy.
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the above-named requirements should send their application letters with Curriculum Vitae stating at least three traceable referees with email addresses and mobile phone numbers to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services
P.O. Box 744
Fax: 01 311 213
Email: [email protected]
Closing date: Friday, 14th August 2020.