CNFA is preparing for the USAID Malawi Agriculture Commercialization Activity. The Local Technical Consultant will assist the proposal development team during their stay in Malawi with organizing meetings, providing technical inputs and providing overall proposal development support. The Consultant work closely with the proposal technical lead, proposal lead writer, proposal manager and proposal coordinator, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, propose, and secure meetings with local experts, local and international organizations, private-sector, and other stakeholders for the proposal team;
- Attend select meetings with the team, assisting with translation, when necessary, and helping to interpret key informants’ responses;
- Write up selected interview notes when requested by the team;
- Conduct follow-up interviews, if necessary, that the team is unable to schedule while in the Malawi;
- Identify local partners and potential high-level staff;
- Support logistics for the capture team, as needed;
- Work collaboratively with the capture team to summarize a brief memo of key higher-level points and technical takeaways from the meetings in country;
- Provide a local context information, as needed;
- Assist the proposal team in collecting local cost information based on a template provided by the CNFA proposal team;
- Support the proposal team in the country registration process, as needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in agricultural value chains, market systems, and/or trade and exports required, some of which must include horticulture, livestock, animal health, aquaculture, SME development, mechanization and input supply, and/or international food safety standards, regulations and policy harmonization.
- 5+ years of providing technical support on development projects and/or proposal writing experience in the international development field required; USAID experience preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, management, international development, or a related field of study or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations, especially for compliance required.
- Strong writing and editing skills required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Experience working with different partners and actors in agriculture value chains.