The purpose of the position is to provide high quality integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in line with MSI standards
- Ensure team is meeting monthly and develop action plans in line with identified challenges
- Submit monthly performance reports within the stipulated time frames
- Mentoring team members in line with MSI/BLM core values
- Assist in managing the relationship between the centre and all stakeholders within the community or district
- Provision of comprehensive family planning/ sexual reproductive health and general health services in line with laid down protocols and procedures including HIV testing services
- Perform surgical procedures in both the Centre and at community outreach sites in line with MSI/BLM/MOH standards (including BTLs, PAC, Implant insertion / removal, circumcision)
- In line with Ministry of Health and, BLM clinical standards, provide effective and safe care to all clients, which has the following qualities: Consistent, Reliable, Courteous, Value for money, prompt, excellent, with positive client experience as perceived and judged by customers
- Implementation of MSI pain management guidelines which includes “vocal local”, a MSI conversation technique used to relax clients during procedures.
- Lead management of any clinical and products related incidents to safeguard safety of clients, including incident reporting, gathering, submission of client documents, investigation, and completion of developed action plans.
Record Keeping and Reporting
- Routinely maintain accurate records of all procedures and produce reports as necessary.
- Ensure that clinical governance procedures are adhered to.
Marketing and business development
- Together with other members of the centres team, contribute to ensuring that the centre is self-sustaining and help generate additional clients, retain existing clients and “cross-sell” BLM services, liaise with Community Outreach Programme and the RHA’s support and take part in promotional events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- 3-5 years’ post-qualification experience as a Clinical Officer, with significant experience performing mini-laparotomy
- Commendable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and comprehensive report writing skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Extensive knowledge of modern family practices and procedure.
• Thorough knowledge of the use and effects of various drugs.
• General knowledge of obstetrics and gynaecology.
• Ability to perform mini-laparotomy and minor surgical procedures without supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and other team members.
• Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions involving non-routine problems
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please, send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees as follows:
• One reference from your current or most recent employer
• One reference from your previous employer
• One reference from your last employer and
• One reference from your last but one employer
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Director,
Banja La Mtsogolo,
P.O. Box 1854,
E-mail: [email protected]; to reach him not later than Friday 3 July 2020.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.