The Catholic Diocese of Mzuzu (CDM), with financial support from ChancendurchBildung (CdB) [Opportunities through Education], is establishing a Teachers Training College located in the precincts of St John’s Catholic Parish, Mzambazi near Euthini. The TTC shall be named Theodora van Rossum (TvR) Teachers Training Collage.
The Diocese has now reached a point of advertising for the recruitment of lecturers and support staff for the TTC. Applications are, therefore, invited from suitably qualified candidates as follows:
POSITION: Cleaner (3)
REPORTING TO: College Secretary
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION :
Keep and maintain a clean environment inside of the College building including sanitation facilities and hostels.
SOME SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Clean the inside of all buildings of the College
- Keep a checklist of the cleaning schedule particularly that of sanitation facilities
- Prudently use cleaning materials, equipment and instruments
- Report any problems noticed within the inside of College buildings
- Assist with serving of visitors to the College with relevant services. Decorum and good order shall be expected in this regard
- Do any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE); those with a Junior Certificate of Education with relevant experience may be considered for these positions
- Those living around the Mzambazi area are specifically encouraged to apply and will have an added advantage
Applications, indicating on top of the envelope which position you are applying for, should be directed to the following:
The Diocesan Director of Social Development,
Jobidon House, Behind Mchengautuba Filling Station,
P.O. Box 2,
Please observe the following as you apply:
- Emailed applications shall not be considered
- Applications should reach the Director on or before Friday, 9th November 2020 before 17:00 hours. Late applications shall not be considered.
- The application package should include a covering letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, indicating at least two traceable referees); a letter from your Church/Mosque leadership and copies of your academic qualifications. Original certificates will be required at the interview.
- Please note that it is not the policy of the Diocese to help with any costs of applying for positions and your attendance at interviews if shortlisted.
- Interviews for all positions are expected to take place in the 1st week of December except for the position of Principal which are expected on the 11th November 2020.
- And, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No canvassing for the positions above is allowed and canvassing may lead to immediate disqualification from being considered.