Bollore Transport & Logistics Malawi Limited is a subsidiary of a multinational corporation Bollore Group from France and a leading Freight Forwarding and Logistics company in the country. The Group is one of the leading integrated logistics network operators in Africa with concessions in ports and railways. In Malawi we operate the entire logistics service range from international freight forwarding to warehousing and distribution management.
Position: Chief Finance Officer
The company intends to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the above position tenable at our head office in Blantyre.
The ideal candidate must have an ACCA/CIMA and a Bachelor’s Degree in either Commerce/ Accountancy or its equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ experience at senior level with a proven track record of business success in managing a large and busy finance department preferably with an international investor.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful person will among other things be responsible for: –
- Contributing to the formulation of the company strategy and ensuring proper budget formulation in line with the group requirements to optimize business results.
- Managing governance in the country by identifying risks, developing and implementing control procedures and enabling employees to better understand governance in co-operation with the group.
- Preparing accurate and realistic forecasts of business performance based on growth objectives as required by the group.
- Accounting, reporting and analysis – ensuring the construction of financial and management reporting in line with strict group accounting requirements and reporting procedures.
- Ensuring the organization and execution of legal and fiscal activities in compliance with the group’s guidelines and local legislation so that all legal and fiscal affairs are handled in the most effective way.
- Managing cash flow.
- Instituting internal controls and cost control.
- Managing of Finance and IT departments in line with the current and future business challenges.
- The preferred person should be mature, results oriented, have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. He/she should also have the experience of working in a pressurized environment with strict deadlines and also have vast experience in managing Finance and IT departments in a multi-national corporation.
Attractive remuneration packages commensurate with seniority of the positions will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to apply
Those meeting our professional requirements, experience and specifications should apply with a detailed CV, contact telephone number(s), e-mail address and three traceable referees not later than 9th April, 2021 to:
The Managing Director,
Bollore Transport & Logistics Malawi Limited,
P O Box 838,