Central Medical Stores Trust (CMST) is a Government agency responsible for procurement, warehousing, sales and distribution of quality medicines and medical supplies to all public, faith-based (including Christian Health Association of Malawi(CHAM)). and NGO health facilities in Malawi.
CMST is seeking to recruit a transformative, visionary and goal driven Malawian with ability to drive organisational change for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) as detailed below:
Job Title : Chief Executive Officer
Grade : MS1
Responsible to: Board of Trustees
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The CEO is responsible for ensuring that CMST meets its objective of efficiency and cost-effectively providing quality and safe medicines and medical supplies at affordable prices at all times to of public health facies in Malawi.
The CEO s as also accountable for maintaining a sustainable service by fostering and influencing the CMSTs relationships with its stakeholders that include the Government of Malawi, private and pubic sector organisations, special interest groups, donor organisations and members of the public through the Board of Trustees and the Ministry of Health.
The CEO serves as Secretary of the CMST Board of Trustees and is responsible for overseeing all the strategic, operational and financial management of the Trust under the guidance of the Board of Trustees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leading the development and execution of the CMST strategies to ensure achievement of the CMST’s objectives and long-term financial sustainability:
• Developing, reviewing and implementing appropriate financial and pharmaceutical operational policies, guidelines and procedures and relevant systems of internal control:
• Identifying financial needs:and championing and leading resource mobilisation initiatives to address gaps and present critical financial matters to the Board and stakeholders:
• Preparing. presenting and justifying annual Performance Management Plans and Budgets (PMPBs) and Cash Flow Forecast with focus on Medicines and Medical Supplies (MMS) to the Board of Trustees and other key stakeholders: Implementing policies and programmes of the Trust ensuring alignment with the Trust’s vision, mission and core values and reporting thereon to the Board:
• Providing leadership to senior management and staff to ensure excellent organizational performance:
• Overseeing the administration, organisation and management of human resources of the Trust according to current laws and regulations that are supported by approved personnel polices and procedures that fully conform to and ensures productivity
• Fostering a conducive corporate culture that promotes strong ethical practices, good governance and employee productivity,
• Providing company secretarial work including arrangement of meetings of the Board and development of relevant documents for the Board:
• Performing any other work related tasks as assigned by the Board of Trustees from time to time.
• Excellent team builder and leader with team player abilities and motivating spirit towards accomplishment of multiple goals
• Visionary, honest with integrity and demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to comply with professional ethics:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in public speaking, individual negotiations and correspondence:
• Ability to work under pressure and handle complex tasks within tight deadlines while paying attention to detail:
• Understanding and demonstrating working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry standards and health commodity management:
• Highly organized and goal and result oriented
Job Specifications Qualification and Experience:
• Have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and either a Masters Degree in Healthcare Sciences or Business Management! /Public Administration or Financial Management or professionally qualified accountants with ACCA o CIMA obtained from an accredited institution of higher learning.
• Have post qualification work experience In a reputable institution(s) of not less than ten (10) years; five (5) of which must have been at senior management position(s).
• Be assertive, proactive, resilient and diligent leader with commitment to high standards of service delivery. Applicants capable to demonstrate special expertise in supply chain management as per pharmaceutical industry standards will have an added advantage.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills:
• Working knowledge of standard computer software and packages:
• Strong organisational and analytical skills and ability to set priorities and work independently:
• Proven ability to partner, coordinate and lead diverse and multifunctional teams or groups and achieve objectives with deadlines:
• Demonstrated excellent influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to find acceptable compromise when faced with fierce opposing views. Submission of Application.
Interested and qualifying individuals should submit their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs), copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees clearly marked ‘VACANCY FOR CMST CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER to;
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations.
Department of Statutory Corporations.
Capital Hill, New Building Block, Ground Floor,
P.O. Box 30061,
CMST is an equal opportunity employer although only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and may be invited for interviews
Start receiving jobs alerts directly to your email