Job Title: Call Centre Officer
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Reports to: Associate Call Centre Manager
Job Type: Contract
Role Overview: The Call Centre Officer is the front-line of interaction with recipients after they have received their transfers. They answer the hotline and resolve recipient’s questions and problems, and call recipients to administer follow up surveys, collecting data for the improvement of the program.
Call Centre Officer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Follow up surveys: call recipients to administer surveys over the phone, to collect data used to improve the program and uncover any recipient problems.
- Hotline calls: answer the phone as recipients call in with questions or concerns, answering their questions and escalating any problems as necessary.
- Registration problem resolution: call the recipients who have not registered with Airtel money or who have registered with the wrong name(s), and advise them on how to register.
- Adverse Events Resolution: assist / advise recipients who have reported problems related to the program.
- A given Call Centre Officer may participate in these activities to varying degrees depending on the organization’s needs.
- A Call Centre Officer may be rotated through these responsibilities in order to foster professional development and growth.
The Field Officer will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering GiveDirectly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. For that reason, the suitable candidate for this position will:
- Possess previous working experience in the field with preference to vulnerable communities (1-2 years minimum)
- Have ability to conduct and support recipient surveys and associated processes.
- Must possess work/language proficiency in English and Chichewa.
- Computer and mobile device data entry knowledge and skills and good typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties.
- Have ability to exercise patience and good judgment in resolving recipient problems
- Particularly skilled with interpersonal skills with high empathy, honesty, and integrity
- Must be able to work in and within teams
- Possess high-quality problem solving, work ethic and a strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model.
- Good time-management skills
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma, a Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Fluent in Chichewa and English Language
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel
We prioritize recipient preferences over those of donors or ourselves.
We do what’s best for organizational – not individual – success.
Be proactively candid.
We say what we believe, and are honest in sharing information.
Create positive energy
We strive to be a source – not drain – of energy for our colleagues.
Think rigorously; act quickly.
We are intellectually rigorous with a drive towards action – not debate.
Accept reality. Propose solutions.
We do not dwell on problems. We work actively to create solutions.
Be productively ambitious.
We take the risks to pursue industry-changing success, not incremental progress.
Know yourself and grow.
We recognize and accept our imperfections with a focus on growth.
Call Centre Officers will receive an annual salary of MWK3,327,038.28
Applications Will close on 7th September, 2020